American serama thread!

Considering all that is going on this seems like a trivial matter. I have a number of serama that had been spoken for. Now, people are afraid to leave their homes, myself included, to come for the birds. What to do? I can let the hens go on hatching chicks or shut them down. Sales of the serama pays the feed bills for all our critters and some left over to indulge myself with something different in the way of poultry. The near future seems bleak. For those that sell, what are your plans?
In answer to my own question, I've come to the conclusion that it's more prudent to have the serama/phoenix brood and hatch something that's more useful.

My April Fool's prank is coming along nicely.....

My little broody serama hen sat on 2 eggs and already has 7 orpington chicks. They're the XL orps from imported English bloodlines, and they'll grow larger than her in about 3 weeks.
:lau

IMG_2759 (2).JPG

IMG_2762 (2).JPG

IMG_2765 (2).JPG

Surprisingly all 7 are under her. I'll be adding a mama heating pad for the overflow chicks. (More will likely hatch)

IMG_2779.JPG

He sure does!!!! ( ......Well, technically his daddy still had a pinkish hue from DD's "chicken spa day" :lau)

So far, yours is the only "he" that was hatched from our flock's eggs. Not sure how that happened. (The "male" orp chick has yet to grow wattles, a comb, or get a pink face. Just looks big & meaty when compared to its sister.) All 8 chicks still look female, but I'm still waiting/hoping for Big & Meaty to grow a comb.
:idunno

Hopefully the luck of hatching lots of females sticks around while I'm selling chicks. People always want females.

So far, yours is the only "he" that was hatched from our flock's eggs
Actually, this is Jasper's baby with Pippin. Out of like the 10+ that were set, only 2 hatched. Pippin got 1 and then Phoe got the other a few days later. Then all of Angels came a week after. But they all are from your lines and it is Teddy's grandson so....

Actually, this is Jasper's baby with Pippin. Out of like the 10+ that were set, only 2 hatched. Pippin got 1 and then Phoe got the other a few days later. Then all of Angels came a week after. But they all are from your lines and it is Teddy's grandson so....
Are you able to identify or guess gender on the few eggs I gave you (likely from Angel)? or were those the ones that didn't hatch?

Back
Top Bottom