1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

American serama thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by miss heny, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Czech's_chicks

Czech's_chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2011
    Vista, CA
    Quote:Congrats!!! Better start building more coops now, as in about 6 months, you'll have at least 10. They are more addicting than potato chips!

I think Kyle would be upset with me if I ate them like potato chips [​IMG]

I think I will be able to hold off getting more. These were a present for Kyle. He's been living with use for 1 1/2 months since we won custody. He's been mentally abuse for his whole life, this was a way we could teach him about unconditional love and how to actually care about something. Other than his father and I and my girls, there hasn't been anyone to champion for him. We are still trying to win custody of his younger twin siblings, since we have him and his older brother, already.

These birds mean a lot tome because of him and the capacity to break through exists, so we will support the heck out of him.

2. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

I bought 2 pallets of poly foam and make my own shippers by drilling holes and have not yet lost 1 egg to anything and have shipped at least 60 dozen in the last 3 months. Its great![​IMG]
    Quote:Tricia or ANYBODY have any idea how to get some eggs to where she lives intact! She has trouble when she ships here and I have the same problem with eggs going from here to there. Cracked or broken and scrambled air cells.

I have shipped about 8 different places now and this is the only one that had a rough ride.

Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated. I would like to be able to ship to all parts of the US with eggs arriving intact.

3. bobbyc1970

bobbyc1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2010
    Bristow Oklahoma
    Heres the chicks so far two are pipped but nothing yet. [​IMG] wish they would hurry
    [​IMG]

4. bobbyc1970

Dec 14, 2010
    Bristow Oklahoma
    Roo i am working on. Being reading alot on posing and pens carpets. hes doing alot better.
    [​IMG]

5. Chicklette 1

Chicklette 1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Kentucky
    Quote:Very nice assortment of colors! Adorable!

6. pongo

pongo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    banning ca
    thecoop i been working on for over a month now is nearly complete..... just the finishing touches and someone can move into it LOL

7. bobbyc1970

Dec 14, 2010
    Bristow Oklahoma
    Thank you [​IMG]
    Quote:Very nice assortment of colors! Adorable!

8. pongo

Apr 30, 2011
    banning ca
    lost a blue wheaton oegb pullet today...heat was awful it was 103 here at the peak of the day and apparently her and the other spilled the water over.... other chickies are ok and were happy to get water but sadly i lost her....so now can only offer a pair and not a trio at the get together.....bummer

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  9. gumbii

gumbii Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca
    Quote:oh man... sorry about that bill...

yeah...

you should move...

10. pongo

Apr 30, 2011
    banning ca
    well with no job etc... who can afford to move..... i guess losing a few will be par for the course during the summer.....they would of been of if they hadnt spilled the water silly things.

ok im tired and sore from building lol ....off for the night....good bye

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by