American serama thread!

Hi all! I was wondering if there's anyone in the Sacramento area of CA that is selling baby chicks? I'd love to have an indoor Serama like my Muscovy house duck.
Thanks!

My little man lost his entire tail. Everyone is molting now and it looks like carnage around here!

Oh, he looks so cute there, looks like he's saying "What happened to my tail?"
lau.gif
He's so darn sweet!
Thanks for your reply! I honestly hope at least two of these sixteen eggs hatch, as I know how hard it is for one lone chick to thrive (I've had to foster baby wild birds before where there was just one.. It was difficult for everyone involved). I know if at least two hatch, I would get so attached that I wouldn't be giving any of the "extras" away, hahaha. I just don't think I would be able to keep up with more than two or three though, especially since they will be living in the house.

My previous chicken was a bit of a special case, and was kept as a single chicken. She was already an adult when I got her though, and she really disliked being around other birds, so she did very well with just human companionship. I know most chickens aren't like that though, and I agree that two Seramas together would definitely be better than one, for the bird's well-being.

Today is day three for the eggs, so I'm going to candle them later tonight and see if any itty-bitty things are growing in there!
I notice all the serama eggs I've tried to hatch have had pretty thick shells and were not the easiest to see through, so I just wanted to say, don't toss 'em until day 10 just to be sure :)
Hi all! I was wondering if there's anyone in the Sacramento area of CA that is selling baby chicks? I'd love to have an indoor Serama like my Muscovy house duck.
Thanks!
I live in LA, and don't have any chicks, but if I should get a broody girl (2 are acting like they want to go broody but give up after a day or so, LOL) I'll keep ya in mind!
frow.gif

Can't help yoiu with birds, but I saw your artwork and you are fantastic. Very realistic and a credit to the artworld!

Really? I gotta go look
lol.png

Hi , mine are due to start laying,,,,,I am going to incubate as many as I can this summer,,,,,,mine were given to me and I would love to pay it forward,,,,,,,,,,,I live in Lake County about
1/ 1/2 hours from Sac Airport Here's a pic of mine they originally came from CastleDelight Seramas

Last edited:
Happy Springtime!! Minion the Serama (one month old) and Splatt the bunny... Both of these guys are so much tinier than they look in this pic. Minion is about the size of a parakeet or so. Splatt almost fits in just one of my hands... My lil bitty studmuffins!!

Happy Springtime!! Minion the Serama (one month old) and Splatt the bunny... Both of these guys are so much tinier than they look in this pic. Minion is about the size of a parakeet or so. Splatt almost fits in just one of my hands... My lil bitty studmuffins!!

Love the name Minion!! They are both adorable!!

Last edited:
RIP.
Chainsaw died this morning saving his 6 ladies from a predator. He was a sweet tempered boy that courted the girls rather than running them down they all came to him willingly and ran to him when feeling threatened . He was a tame boy that followed me around the yard and befriended my dogs, sang like a songbird and allowed me to sleep in. I hope to hatch any eggs I find today. I just hope one of his hens gives his boy the beat down to teach him the right way to handle a flock.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom