American serama thread!

Can't wait until I can say how many I have and show pictures but I just heard from the lady incubating for me and 11 of the 12 eggs (as of today, day 10) are starting to develop! She's borrowing a friends incubator to put them in for lockdown so if they hatch early we can have access to them without disturbing the still hatching LW eggs she is also incubating. And I have pictures of the potential parents! There are several frizzled hens in the breeders flock so this is going to be one giant surprise!

Can't wait until I can say how many I have and show pictures but I just heard from the lady incubating for me and 11 of the 12 eggs (as of today, day 10) are starting to develop! She's borrowing a friends incubator to put them in for lockdown so if they hatch early we can have access to them without disturbing the still hatching LW eggs she is also incubating. And I have pictures of the potential parents! There are several frizzled hens in the breeders flock so this is going to be one giant surprise!
What fun................ of the 5 I hatched..........4 are fizzed, kind of surprised me.
Will be looking forward to your pictures.
I am going to try to remind myself to take weekly or at least bi-weekly pictures this time to follow the change in colors.
It is such a gas how much they can change.

I have a pip! First Serama pip! I can't imagine a fully formed chick coming from an egg that small!
big_smile.png
So excited!!!!
wee.gif
Go chickie...........
jumpy.gif

I had two other pips, and this one and another seem very healthy, but the third is much smaller and has wonky legs - they dont work right. I dont expect it to make it... But if it does, I won't let him go. :)
But to end on a happy note, the healthy ones look like theyll grow into really interesting roosters. Cant wait to see them all grown up! :weee
:weee Go chickie...........:jumpy

Last edited:
What fun................ of the 5 I hatched..........4 are fizzed, kind of surprised me.
Will be looking forward to your pictures.
I am going to try to remind myself to take weekly or at least bi-weekly pictures this time to follow the change in colors.
It is such a gas how much they can change.

I also have a couple of frizzles. Who did you get your eggs from? I got a three different batches..three different breeders, and I know that one of them had frizzles. They are cute. I prefere the straight feathered, but I think it would be cute to have a fizzle in the bunch to breed, you have a chance at having either hatch.

I also have a couple of frizzles. Who did you get your eggs from? I got a three different batches..three different breeders, and I know that one of them had frizzles. They are cute. I prefere the straight feathered, but I think it would be cute to have a fizzle in the bunch to breed, you have a chance at having either hatch.
HI, I got my original white frizzle roo from Jerry S.............. ( the guy that brought them over to the US )
Strait feathered hens from Pixie Chick hatching eggs..
She has really great birds.....Had 4 hatch.all pullets......
What I have now is my own from that original stock.
I do not usually get many frizzle but 4 out of 5 this time............
I'll get pic's again, they show the the frizzle in their wings already.
I love both....the frizzle look like little balls with feathers........
Good Luck with yours..........
big_smile.png

SOONER CLASSIC--Traditional Table Top Serama Show was held last Sat. Oct. 26 at Keystone Lake, Oklahoma. We had a GREAT show....with people from several states and as far away as Alabama and New York. We had some really nice birds, the weather was good (50% chance of rain had been predicted) and we had the best hot dogs ever! Here are a few photos...

I had a GREAT day!! Did a lot of winning and had a lot of fun...EVERYONE had a lot of fun! My 'Redman' took Best of the Best...I also got Reserve to Best of the Best, Reserve Champion Malay female and Reserve Champion Malay male. Above, my 'Snowman'--placed Reserve Champion Silkied to BIS 'Redman'.

Back
Top Bottom