American serama thread!

You're welcome. I think its $2 per bird. And you can call in your entries up to the Tues before the show, I was told.

http://www.poultryshowcentral.com/ this is where I find most of my shows. You can search by state. The show is 11/30/13. The zero got left off the entry on that site. And if you call, that number is at the show hall and they aren't there a lot. I emailed Jeff at the email listed to get info.

I know of a few folks that will be there, so maybe we can meet.
smile.png

Speaking of show.....did anyone go to the Serama Nationals? Anyone get any pix to share??
smile.png

Last edited:
Wow. My first time owning Serama's and I am amazed that they are changing colors so quickly. Not 4 days have passed since I took those pictures and they are already changing so much!

Not much to report here....................
Have one egg due in 7 days.
Had the darndest thing happen.....
I have always left my roo's in with the brooding hens...............
They were established families already.
This time, the roo was in with one hen.( usually do trio's)
He would not leave the hen alone pecked at her , pulled her feathers
until she would allow him to mate. Checked them because she was screaming the other night.
One of her two egg was broken, pulled away from her nest and in two parts.
No doubt he did this...........I have them separated now..........I am disappointed
because my other roo's have been active in raising the chicks.........
Needless to say, he will not get the opportunity......I have them in cages next to each other
and they can still talk and see each other......they are very bonded........
I would be interested in others experiences with Roo's and chicks......
Also set 9 eggs under another set of girls brooding together...........

My little hatchlings are starting to crow!!!!

Looks like out of the 7 of survivors (9 hatched of 12 hatched) 6 are BOYS!!! Uhg. lol
(skip to 29 seconds)
0.jpg

This is Sylvester, he is the ring leader for sure.

My little hatchlings are starting to crow!!!! Looks like out of the 7 of survivors (9 hatched of 12 hatched) 6 are BOYS!!! Uhg. lol (skip to 29 seconds) This is Sylvester, he is the ring leader for sure.
I keep saying its the year of the rooster hatch, and you proved it again..KRAZZY! Love the comment about sylvester the ring leader... :lau

I'm afraid I have to agree with this also...most of my 2013 chicks have been cockerels as well! I have eggs ready to hatch this week, and I've been saying my prayers to have a FEW girls hatch out to finish up this year! :)

I'm afraid I have to agree with this also...most of my 2013 chicks have been cockerels as well! I have eggs ready to hatch this week, and I've been saying my prayers to have a FEW girls hatch out to finish up this year! :)
x's 3 for sure.Hatched 4 English Orps.all cockerels, 2 Marans earlier, both cockerels........12 SS earlier in the year.......8 little roo's
not sure on my latest hatch..4 silkies, 5 seramas..........
Good luck to all....
big_smile.png

I've ordered a few more from Bhep. Her girls are doing the broody thing so she's running low, but I'm going to hatch some more and use her eggs for the NYD hatch a long and hopefully get a few girls I love. ut for $40 for 2 dozen eggs, even if I only get one 1 hen per dozen, that STILL beats the $50/hen that it seems lots of "breeders" sell their hens for locally. Non locals may sell for less but shipping any bird costs much more than $50 lol
I keep saying its the year of the rooster hatch, and you proved it again..KRAZZY! Love the comment about sylvester the ring leader...
lau.gif
He's a hoot.
That is his "place" he sits there day and night guarding their entrance. He let's me feed them, but if my husband sticks his big hand in there boy does he get worked up! The other little boys ALL peck the crap outta me. Little meanies... Sylvester was my favorite from day 1. He was the very first chick to hatch out. I sure hope he gets along with Toy so I can keep him!

Toy has been taking on the BLRW roosters this morning! They don't know they can crow yet (which is way over due honestly...) but I'm sure Toy knows they are boys and has been giving them a real run for their money! It is so much fun to watch him take over. He is so cute! I just adore the crap outta him! I'm so glad he got over his little respiratory thing. I would be so devastated if anything happened to him!

My little hatchlings are starting to crow!!!!

Looks like out of the 7 of survivors (9 hatched of 12 hatched) 6 are BOYS!!! Uhg. lol
(skip to 29 seconds)
0.jpg

This is Sylvester, he is the ring leader for sure.

That's just too darn cute. Now, I wish that mine would stay that small of a crow. I also, got more boys than girls..that's usually a given. :/

Back
Top Bottom