American serama thread!

That's just too darn cute. Now, I wish that mine would stay that small of a crow. I also, got more boys than girls..that's usually a given. :/
What do you guys do with all of your boys?
My feed store will take them, but I feel sort of guilty dumping them with all these roosters lol

The little ones are now 2 weeks old. Holy crud they have changed a lot. Little Sammy looks completely different! They are all starting to stand tall with their wings held vertically but sadly the scary photo room (the bathroom lol) kept a couple of them slouched down.

What do you guys do with all of your boys?
My feed store will take them, but I feel sort of guilty dumping them with all these roosters lol

I just sold a lot of mine last night..to someone that saw an ad I put out there. I kept what I wanted in boys and girls, and the rest are gone. Pretty quick too, the ad had only run for a couple of days..well..a day and a half. I now have 5 eggs to hatch. I want more girls, but I need different colors..crossing fingers!

Kyochan, you have some nice colors going on..that last photo of the black will also change a lot I think. :)

I've been leaving the cage door open like in the crowing video 24/7 (even when I'm not home, which is only for a couple hours in the morning when I go to the gym, and unsupervised while we sleep and during dinner and the occasional afternoon nap hehe) and everyone has been so well behaved!
Until today...
I was napping with my dog, I had a bit of a fiasco this morning that left me with quite a migraine, when Nuke and FuzzB took a daring leap from the open door to my bed.
I imagine it going something like this -
"Do it"
"You do it"
"I will if you will"
"ok... on the count of 3"
"
One two THREE - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"
*thunk*

After screaming the whole flight down, they landed on my bed waking us from our peaceful slumber, and stood deathly still for a good minute. And then they both realized they were stuck alone on the bed in the cold in front of the draft from the window and at the EXACT same moment SQUEALED in high pitched terror.

Honestly my first thought was "stupid birds" lol

But before the annoyed pup could decided were more nugget than annoyance I helped them back to their cage, dorky little chickens.

When I got home from the grocery store this evening FuzzB had obviously learned nothing from his adventure. He was curled up all the way by my pillow next to the warmth of my computer snuggled in the blanket. Naughty little boy has learned to escape... I may have to start closing the door, he is getting too brave for his own good! He isn't smart enough to get back to his cage with his food and water and nice toasty heat lamp poor little guy!

Kyochan, you have some nice colors going on..that last photo of the black will also change a lot I think. :)

Thanks ^.^ I'm excited to see how they end up. I keep trying to predict it in my mind but everytime I look in on them they are different colors. Expecially Sammy. S/he has changed the most, from pure white to white with black and buff colors.

I've been leaving the cage door open like in the crowing video 24/7 (even when I'm not home, which is only for a couple hours in the morning when I go to the gym, and unsupervised while we sleep and during dinner and the occasional afternoon nap hehe) and everyone has been so well behaved!
Until today...
I was napping with my dog, I had a bit of a fiasco this morning that left me with quite a migraine, when Nuke and FuzzB took a daring leap from the open door to my bed.
I imagine it going something like this -
"Do it"
"You do it"
"I will if you will"
"ok... on the count of 3"
"
One two THREE - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"
*thunk*

After screaming the whole flight down, they landed on my bed waking us from our peaceful slumber, and stood deathly still for a good minute. And then they both realized they were stuck alone on the bed in the cold in front of the draft from the window and at the EXACT same moment SQUEALED in high pitched terror.

Honestly my first thought was "stupid birds" lol

But before the annoyed pup could decided were more nugget than annoyance I helped them back to their cage, dorky little chickens.

When I got home from the grocery store this evening FuzzB had obviously learned nothing from his adventure. He was curled up all the way by my pillow next to the warmth of my computer snuggled in the blanket. Naughty little boy has learned to escape... I may have to start closing the door, he is getting too brave for his own good! He isn't smart enough to get back to his cage with his food and water and nice toasty heat lamp poor little guy!
yuckyuck.gif
..........What would we do without them.so much entertainment...............always good for a laugh.................

:yuckyuck ..........[COLOR=008080]What would we do without them.so much entertainment...............always good for a laugh.................[/COLOR]

I.have no idea...
Probably get a job LOL wouldn't DH love that...
Before chickens I went to school and played a lot of video games. I do a lot more outside now, I think I'm much healthier for it! For the activity and the food awareness. I think the vet tech education helped, but I learned more from my chickens and rabbits than university and tech training ever taught me!

They are also a riot haha

edit- i joke about jobs - i don't want to offend anyone, i know work is tough right now and I'm out of work medically.
everyone here works hard whether it be from home or for a formal paycheck =), i just got a feeling I might hurt sometimes feelings with that, I'm sorry

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom