American serama thread!

I.have no idea...
Probably get a job LOL wouldn't DH love that...
Before chickens I went to school and played a lot of video games. I do a lot more outside now, I think I'm much healthier for it! For the activity and the food awareness. I think the vet tech education helped, but I learned more from my chickens and rabbits than university and tech training ever taught me!

They are also a riot haha

edit- i joke about jobs - i don't want to offend anyone, i know work is tough right now and I'm out of work medically.
everyone here works hard whether it be from home or for a formal paycheck =), i just got a feeling I might hurt sometimes feelings with that, I'm sorry

I was not offended....................I tell people " I'm much to busy to work"
lau.gif

I now have 3 of my hens laying!! I have a total of 18 eggs between the 3! I'm so excited! Can someone tell me at what point or number of eggs before they start sitting so I know if I need to incubate or wait?

Well mine had a clutch of 13 eggs, she began sitting at 6.
My Katie has 8 and Bonnie & Sandy are laying in the same box! Will 1 hen sit on others eggs? And is it common for a hen to push an egg out, break it and eat the shell? Katie did this 2 days ago? I'm new to Seramas so just trying to figure a few things out. Thank you for any info or help you can or will provide
1f603.png

My Katie has 8 and Bonnie & Sandy are laying in the same box! Will 1 hen sit on others eggs? And is it common for a hen to push an egg out, break it and eat the shell? Katie did this 2 days ago? I'm new to Seramas so just trying to figure a few things out. Thank you for any info or help you can or will provide
1f603.png
Hens will usually sit on other eggs in my experience, and about the egg eating, there could be several reasons but sometimes some just eat some eggs. I honestly dont know why, every chicken is definately different though

1f603.png

Could it have been an accident that it fell out, cracked open, and got eaten? Let's cross fingers that's the case!
Yes, hens will sit on other eggs. I put other eggs under my broody ones all the time. LF or small fowl.

Back
Top Bottom