American serama thread!

How would i know when will they start to lay eggs?

Hi everyone! I haven't been on byc for awhile, so have lots of catching up on this thread. I love my seramas, they are such sweet little birds. I got a new roo late last fall, and have finally been hatching some chicks now that he's old enough. Problem is I need more smooth girls, and I am getting lots of frizzles. And lots of boys! lol. Out of the first 8 chicks I hatched I got 6 frizzle, 2 smooth. Both smooth are boys of course. They are so darn cute though that I'm going to keep a frizzle girl or two out in the coop as layers. They might lay tiny eggs, but my seramas are the best layers I have.
I would be happy to trade you smooth hen for a frizzle hen, or 2?

Hi everyone! I haven't been on byc for awhile, so have lots of catching up on this thread. I love my seramas, they are such sweet little birds. I got a new roo late last fall, and have finally been hatching some chicks now that he's old enough. Problem is I need more smooth girls, and I am getting lots of frizzles. And lots of boys! lol. Out of the first 8 chicks I hatched I got 6 frizzle, 2 smooth. Both smooth are boys of course. They are so darn cute though that I'm going to keep a frizzle girl or two out in the coop as layers. They might lay tiny eggs, but my seramas are the best layers I have.
Kind of had the same thing happening here.................Good news has 5 out of 5 hatched..also good news all pullets............but only one strait feathered and I and hoped for more..............
Guess you can't have it all...........................
roll.png
Very nice chicks you have...............

Last edited:
What cute little frizzles! All different colors and everything!
I've been hatching up a storm! I completely forgot to take pictures of the 12 I hatched and traded for hatching eggs! I'm so bummed, i had one that looked really cool haha

But now I've got a whole bunch of little babies from m very own flock! So exciting!

Chick #1

Chick #2

Chick #3

Chick #4

Chick #5

This ones a week or so old

This one is from the first batch - 1/31

This one I got from a friend - not sure of her hatch date - she kept pooping on her wing tips so we clipped them off, shes not very happy with me lol

These are the Serama X Silkie Chicks - they all have funny toes and are bigger than the serama

This one has a funky extra toe

And these are my two older ones

I LOVE this one's coloring, it almost looks like tiny houndstooth! So cool! I hope s/he keeps it!

What cute little frizzles! All different colors and everything!
I've been hatching up a storm! I completely forgot to take pictures of the 12 I hatched and traded for hatching eggs! I'm so bummed, i had one that looked really cool haha

But now I've got a whole bunch of little babies from m very own flock! So exciting!

Chick #1

Chick #2

Chick #3

Chick #4

Chick #5

This ones a week or so old

This one is from the first batch - 1/31

This one I got from a friend - not sure of her hatch date - she kept pooping on her wing tips so we clipped them off, shes not very happy with me lol

These are the Serama X Silkie Chicks - they all have funny toes and are bigger than the serama

This one has a funky extra toe

And these are my two older ones

I LOVE this one's coloring, it almost looks like tiny houndstooth! So cool! I hope s/he keeps it!

oh my God! this is too cute! where are the chicks from? the eggs? gorgeous babies! I want to snuggle with them!!!

Turns out.....I don't have a serama. just a very defined Japanese bantam hen. she is very pretty, show quality.

im sticking with all these cool peeps on this thread because its super active and its based of of one of my favorite breeds! seramas are on my wish list for sure!

but yes. I am depressed mr Cadbury II is not a serama. LOL

oh my God! this is too cute! where are the chicks from? the eggs? gorgeous babies! I want to snuggle with them!!!
Lol they all kind of popped out at once and suddenly my brooder is packed! I love it though, tons of little fuzz balls running around. I've been laying on the floor watching them for hours, talk about a lazy Sunday afternoon! LOL
They are all from my own flock. I have no idea where all that RED came from though! I mean it MUST be the rooster since he's the only common denominator, but he's mostly cream and blue with a little caramel on his back. So far out of nearly 3 dozen set, only 2 haven't made it to hatch! Oh I'm so excited! This is so different than trying to hatch shipped eggs.

Here's Toy, the daddy of a them all

And the Momma's - Berry, Chip, Jr, Snowball, and Blue

Back
Top Bottom