American serama thread!

I'm thinking about moving my trio into my sunroom. Do any of you have pics of indoor caging or tips for minimizing the mess. I have a fish tank 2 1/2ft by 5ft I was thinking of using.
I use a super size aqarium. It works well. I cut a piece of screen to fit the top and lined the edges with double sided Velcro to prevent them from getting out.

Well I brought them in the house, I really needed their old cage for a young SFH roo. They are just in the fish tank for now but I'm trying to figuring out how to build a second story for them. I'm not much of a carpenter but will post pics as I go.

I bought a two story rabbit hutch that I converted for an indoor serama coop. I added a floor, two roosts and then the water bottle and a temporary heat lamp.

http://m.sears.com/index-g.html#/details/guest/SPM7673726005?source=online

One of my pullets stopped laying all together for over a month. She's laid before like every other day when I had them indoors. Since moving outdoors, the other pullet lays every other day and still waiting on this one. Is this normal? Weather is approximately 36-70 in Cali.

One of my pullets stopped laying all together for over a month. She's laid before like every other day when I had them indoors. Since moving outdoors, the other pullet lays every other day and still waiting on this one. Is this normal? Weather is approximately 36-70 in Cali.

Some birds take a while to "relax" into any new situation. She may not be super pleased about the change.

I bought a two story rabbit hutch that I converted for an indoor serama coop. I added a floor, two roosts and then the water bottle and a temporary heat lamp.

http://m.sears.com/index-g.html#/details/guest/SPM7673726005?source=online
That looks super cute! What a great convert to inside coop!!!
We ALMOST bought that for Karl and Palomita, but we got a sale on one with a double run - theirs is for outside =) - so not Karl has his own coop and we will give him a coupe more hens.

What a handsome little man! I love his soldier stance!

Back
Top Bottom