American serama thread!

My husband refers to Seramas as "pocket chickens" LOL.

Just got a frizzled cockerel. He's so cute. I also got a silkie chick of the same age, about 2 months old. What is so adorable is that the little Serama (Poppy) follows the much larger Silkie (Puffer) around and does whatever it does. Not sure on the sex of the Silkie yet, but regardless it's a sweetie and seems to look after Poppy. He treats him/her like a mobile down comforter. I have them in a brooder (Brinsea) but they don't seem to want to go under it. Poppy is happy all snuggled into Puffer's fuzzy feathers.

I have two older gals, but they're rather wild even with the handling I've done with them. But they are still my little jewels. My hope is to breed the frizzle with the gals- hope he figures out the love game LOL. I have an older Silkie roo that tries so hard to impress the ladies, but he got punched in the eye and I had to treat him for his injury. He's all well now, but still not impressing the hens. He's nearly a year old... maybe there is some sort of learning curve to being a rooster, ha ha ha.

I have a friend who has Seramas, but her roo has yet to get to first base with it's mate. I don't know how old a roo has to be to know what he's doing in terms of romance ;-)

I would not have guessed! I guess it does make sense, he's a lot sweeter than the other two! Yes, they are all pets and very loving. I have some of their older siblings outside and they always run up and greet you in the yard. Ok, so I was doing some research on micros and it said they normally don't live long. Is that true? Also does anyone know the weight chart of the different Serama classes? I did some research and I keep getting different awnsers.

Go to the American Serama Association website...for your answers.. .http://www.americanseramaassociation.org/

And sadly, yes the micros do not live as long as the larger ones... :(

My husband refers to Seramas as "pocket chickens" LOL.

Just got a frizzled cockerel. He's so cute. I also got a silkie chick of the same age, about 2 months old. What is so adorable is that the little Serama (Poppy) follows the much larger Silkie (Puffer) around and does whatever it does. Not sure on the sex of the Silkie yet, but regardless it's a sweetie and seems to look after Poppy. He treats him/her like a mobile down comforter. I have them in a brooder (Brinsea) but they don't seem to want to go under it. Poppy is happy all snuggled into Puffer's fuzzy feathers.

I have two older gals, but they're rather wild even with the handling I've done with them. But they are still my little jewels. My hope is to breed the frizzle with the gals- hope he figures out the love game LOL. I have an older Silkie roo that tries so hard to impress the ladies, but he got punched in the eye and I had to treat him for his injury. He's all well now, but still not impressing the hens. He's nearly a year old... maybe there is some sort of learning curve to being a rooster, ha ha ha.

I have a friend who has Seramas, but her roo has yet to get to first base with it's mate. I don't know how old a roo has to be to know what he's doing in terms of romance ;-)

It happens the a roo just can't get it quite "together" in terms of rooing a hen... sometime it has to be the RIGHT hen, sometimes it works by "monkey see-monkey do" sometimes it just doesn't work.... Maybe ya need to have a talk with him about the birds & the bees... :old ;)

I only have one roo and he's a Silkie- and he's not too popular with the ladies (I don't think they are too impressed with his dancing), so I'm afraid he's gonna be a bad role model for my new cockerel, LOL. Ye gads. I might end up with lifetime bachelors and very frustrated ladies, LOL.

Okay, well! I still have yet to find anyone in central California with Seramas available, wondering if anyone has any birds particularly trios including 1 Roo and 2 Hens. If you have anything available private message me, located in Merced,California

Okay, well! I still have yet to find anyone in central California with Seramas available, wondering if anyone has any birds particularly trios including 1 Roo and 2 Hens. If you have anything available private message me, located in Merced,California
Chiquita is in San Jose . If that's too far maybe she can pass you someone else's info.

These are the little ones I just got!

:welcome Here are some links that DO HAVE info on seramas... What sort of info are you looking for? Please do not hesitate to ask me... :)

http://www.americanseramaassociation.org/

http://www.scnaonline.org/

http://www.malaysianseramabantams.com/

Back
Top Bottom