American serama thread!

I just want to say that I am so impressed with my Seramas. They have such an upright stance, and look majestic for their small size. I have two pullets and just got a frizzled cockerel. I am hoping to breed them when they come of age. I can't think of a more regal-looking chicken. I'm hooked :-D

I just want to say that I am so impressed with my Seramas. They have such an upright stance, and look majestic for their small size. I have two pullets and just got a frizzled cockerel. I am hoping to breed them when they come of age. I can't think of a more regal-looking chicken. I'm hooked :-D

Picture please! LOL!

Just had my second successful serama hatch! So fun. :)

Does anyone know what this little Guy is going to look like?

Last edited:
I'm thinking about getting some more Seramas but the owner says they are having a fowl pox out break in their birds. So I'm a bit skeptical about getting some. Could my birds get it as well if I bought some once they were healed? I did some research and I keep getting different awnsers. Has anyone ever had experience with fowl pox before?

I'm thinking about getting some more Seramas but the owner says they are having a fowl pox out break in their birds. So I'm a bit skeptical about getting some. Could my birds get it as well if I bought some once they were healed? I did some research and I keep getting different awnsers. Has anyone ever had experience with fowl pox before?

Fowl pox is like chicken pox in humans, you don't know who will or will not get it and if its gonna be mild or severe. It take about a month for the virus to works its way thru the system, so I would wait to aquire any new birds from this breeder untill one month after the last bird (thats gets it) is healed.
This is my opinion and what I would do if it were the same circumstances for me. I hope this helps. :)

I am going to be hatching some Serama's, do you grind up the chicks starter crumble since they are so small, or can they eat it without grinding it up.  Thanks
Mine do fine on the starter crumbles but I put the feeder in a large tin pan so that the feed they push out doesn't get wasted, it goes back into the feeder. And my adults eat the laying crumbles with no problem. I have ground the crumbles in a coffee grinder, which works great! But I found they still knock feed out, that's why I use the tin.

Back
Top Bottom