American serama thread!

Thats what I was thinking was getting rabbit cages that tractor supply has. I basically want to get about four of them, so that when its cold out I can bring them in. We live in the mountains and it gets cold. Right now I only have 5 little ones, but have a few fertile eggs in the incubator, so hopefully ill have more soon! I havent figured out how to put heat out there for them yet.

Some of my favorites here

awesome photos
goodpost.gif

Thank you Sandi. Its def been fun raising them. :) Starting the Cocoapops and dif colored barreds now

cool, my brother has 17 hens and 3 roosters (seramas) and 73 eggs in the incubator due to hatch I think the 14 & 21 of May, not long away. And now he has 5 of the serama hens setting . wow to many babies soon. Oh and thursday he has 100 bantams chicks due in. YIKES!!!!!!!

This is our 5 1/2 week old Serama named "Henny Penny" by my three year old son, although from the looks of that comb and wattle, we may have to rename it "Roy Rooster". We hatched it at home from an egg my neighbor gave us. Great experience! The bird is completely attached to my little boy and follows him everywhere.

This is our 5 1/2 week old Serama named "Henny Penny" by my three year old son, although from the looks of that comb and wattle, we may have to rename it "Roy Rooster". We hatched it at home from an egg my neighbor gave us. Great experience! The bird is completely attached to my little boy and follows him everywhere.

This is what I love most about these birds....they are so gentle and sweet that even a young child can handle them without fear of being bit. Adorable photo and a great example of the gentleness of this breed.

Back
Top Bottom