American serama thread!

Silkied to straight will give you all straight with recessive silkied. (the straight is dominant and the silkied recessive so straight will always win over recessive so they show the dominant trait of straight and carry silkied recessively. If you breed a silkied to a straight with recessive silkied you get 50/50- 50 % straight with silkied recessive and 50 % silkied. The frizzle gene works the same way as it is also recessive to straight.)

I have bred silkied serama to smooth serama a number of times and the result is half the offspring are silkied and half of them are smooth. I've done this for the past 5 years, same result. I prefer, however, to breed silkied serama to silkied serama and only do it to improve feather quality and/or type.

Free pet Serama - Ocala, Florida I raise Silkied Serama. I paired a smooth hen with a silkied rooster but only get smooth chicks (11/11) I have a pair that is 4.5 months old. Also an additional rooster the same age. I have 2 chicks that are 6.5 weeks old. Slim chance that one of them is a female. MUST be able to protect from hawks & night stalkers.
Do you still have these?

Jack crowing at 6 1/2 weeks. I've been trying for days to catch it on video, but every time I pointed the camera at him, he would stop. He finally accommodated me today.

0.jpg

Free Serama Roo- San Antonio, TX

One of my hens hatched this good looking guy back in May and he has been handled daily since then. I would love to keep him but my neighbors wouldn't be to thrilled if I did.

Back
Top Bottom