American serama thread!

I've set Midget's 1st 5 eggs today. These chicks, if they hatch, will be my third generation. With some luck, some of these chicks will be better then the second generation.

I've set Midget's 1st 5 eggs today. These chicks, if they hatch, will be my third generation. With some luck, some of these chicks will be better then the second generation.
That's awesome! I finally got ahold of the director of the NPIP program and she sent me the paperwork! So now I have to fill it all out
1f602.png

Thank you everyone for your kind words.
So far no more serama eggs have hatch but w silkies and w wyandotte mixes have hatched and several more are pipping (no piping serama eggs so far)
But I do have 6 more serama eggs under w different brooch hens. A couple are porcupine eggs

I gathered up a dozen eggs & was gonna give them back to a few of my hens but we're forecast for a very cold weekend, so I'm gonna wait at least another week.

If anyone wants eggs, I'll sell a dozen now.

One of my 4 & 1/2 month old girls laid her first egg today.
I had her paired with Charley but although he tries, he's so small the girls just swat him down.
I moved her to Worf. Although he's pretty small too, he is getting the job done.

I gathered up a dozen eggs & was gonna give them back to a few of my hens but we're forecast for a very cold weekend, so I'm gonna wait at least another week.

If anyone wants eggs, I'll sell a dozen now.

One of my 4 & 1/2 month old girls laid her first egg today.
I had her paired with Charley but although he tries, he's so small the girls just swat him down.
I moved her to Worf. Although he's pretty small too, he is getting the job done.

I sure want to buy, but... moving day is getting closer and closer. Your minimum order I believe is 4 eggs-yes?? I'll take four if that is true. I'll worry about moving day later. Price?

Hi guys!
Ok so as you know I set some eggs in the bator I set wyandotte eggs and silkie eggs and serama eggs.
At the time I was collecting my serama eggs I had a silkie too in with them as well as a serama roo. Anyway a few of my silkie eggs were really small and a few of my serama eggs were large.
I should have marked them but didn't and this little cutie hatched and I'm not sure if it's full silkie or silkie serama mix. I wanted your opinions...

S(he) is much smaller then the other silkies that also hatched and I don't see a top knot or beard.(compared to the others)
I guess I'll know more as they feather in!

Hi guys!
Ok so as you know I set some eggs in the bator I set wyandotte eggs and silkie eggs and serama eggs.
At the time I was collecting my serama eggs I had a silkie too in with them as well as a serama roo. Anyway a few of my silkie eggs were really small and a few of my serama eggs were large.
I should have marked them but didn't and this little cutie hatched and I'm not sure if it's full silkie or silkie serama mix. I wanted your opinions...

S(he) is much smaller then the other silkies that also hatched and I don't see a top knot or beard.(compared to the others)
I guess I'll know more as they feather in!

The feathered feet indicate silkie cross. Smaller would/could be from a serama.

Back
Top Bottom