American serama thread!

Do micros and small A's lay later than normal sized?
I have a tiny 25 week old that hasn't started laying yet. Her comb is still yellow. Her half sister is only 3 weeks older and started laying about 1.5 months ago.
Not sure. My seramas are about the same size as my OEG. (not so tiny) The female started laying a couple days after reaching 4 mo. The OEG (from the same hatch & raised together) started laying at 5 months.

I was told micro rarely lay and if by off chance they do the eggs are not going to hatch. You want B sized for breeding purposes.
My Ayam
Screenshot_2018-10-15-16-09-49.png
Serama hatched today 5 out of 12...
Still in the incubator till I get home at midnight . Funny little things, they walk so upright already.

:heMy son texted me a few minutes ago.. One of Acorns chicks died.... Grrr it was one of Cajun and Sabines before I seperated them. That proves something is wrong with that pair .They die in shell or at one week after hatch. I'm going to wait till spring to hatch anymore from her.. She's my only adult frizzle:barnie:hit:mad:

:barnie

But Serama according to standard are not supposed to have short legs. Is it a gene they can carry w/o showing it?

No. If they get the gene (one copy only) they look short legged. If they are long legged, they don’t have the gene. Because if they get 2 copies, they die before hatching.

Back
Top Bottom