American serama thread!

Quote:
why won't you use the turner for the serama eggs...?

wut...??

i've never read that, but it could be true... good thing my turner has dampeners for vibration... the racks are on yarn... LOL... next hatch, i'm using a brinsea... i got it used, and the person i got it from had 100% hatch rate with serama eggs...

Quote:

wut...??

i've never read that, but it could be true... good thing my turner has dampeners for vibration... the racks are on yarn... LOL... next hatch, i'm using a brinsea... i got it used, and the person i got it from had 100% hatch rate with serama eggs...

Cool! I had thought about getting a Brinsea, posted on SCNA and almost everyone said to get the Geneisis, so I did. Would definitely try a Brinsea if I could find one used.

I used a borrowed Brinsea Eco Octagon for my first hatch. I turned by hand 3x per day. I didn't fret too much, just tried to be fast, and careful at the same time. The humidity and temp went back to normal within 5 minutes. I even opened during hatching to get some babies out that were going nuts. I had 10 out of 13 hatch over 3 days, combo Serama/ OEGB

I've never done shipped eggs before.
fl.gif
to you!

Quote:

wut...??

Did you buy Dennis's?? I wanted that one!!!

Note: the only thing I had to do, which may be due to my climate, is that I had to stack sponges in the corner to get that humidity raised enough at hatch time. That was the only tricky part for me.

Quote:
I have LF right now. Starting over with Seramas, but don't have any right now. Figure I may as well practice with what I have LOL.

Hopefully I'll have my own Seramas laying eggs soon!

Quote:
wut...??

Did you buy Dennis's?? I wanted that one!!!

kekekegay.gif

I found the best way to check temp and humidity is Vick's Hydrometer. Tried several others and hatches wasn't to great. The best temp is 99.5 For here i use 40 to 50 humidity. Then on lock down 70 humidity. With egg turner. i have a extra turner for collecting eggs. when receive shipped eggs. let them set in turner for atleast 8 hours. and let them settle. then pop em in.
smile.png

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom