American serama thread!

For ME?? You shouldn't have!! So how many of these am I taking home with my curly?
woot.gif
gig.gif

I have always loved laced birds! I think that the blue laced red wyandottes were one of the most beautiful varieties I had seen. I just didn't personally wish to raise wyandottes as I was already raising plymouth rocks in partridge, silver pencilled, barred, mottled, black, white, blue, splash, buff, red, smooth and frizzled. I had my hands full! They were used in my naked neck program I had going on at the time - bantams and standards. Anyway, I just had too many things going on and when the BLR wyandottes were starting to become popular they were VERY expensive. I was getting more into my sumatra, yokohama, and cubalaya projects too. Let me tell you, bantam cubalayas are some of the most horrible, mean, nasty birds I had ever raised. The line I had acquired were extremely inbred so I took them to auction after having them for only a couple of months. The offspring were just as nasty. Anyway, long story short, I've always admired laced birds - I just have to have some laced seramas in my flock!
love.gif
droolin.gif
I have seen other people with laced seramas. They are pretty, but none have been even close to the stunning birds in Ken's flock. You've seen his double laced cocoapops, right? My goodness are they gorgeous!! Kudos to him and his birds!
clap.gif

From seeing the color on the cocoapop they sure do reminded me of a breed I used to like, The Wyandotte chickens. Their lacing and color are very similar and so are their pattern.

HEY EVERYBODY !!!!!!!!! I GOT EGGS FROM THERON AN JUST CANDLED!!!!! OMG I HAVE 13 THAT ARE LIVE
jumpy.gif
PLEASE SEND LOTS OF GOOD HATCHEY VIBES THIS WAY. OH IS IT TRUE THAT THEY HATCH AT 19 DAYS INSTEAD OF 21 ? I JUST WANT TO PUT THEM IN LOCK DOWN AT THE RIGHT TIME.. I THINK IM GOING TO BE A STRESSED MOMMY HEN TILL THEY GET HERE
th.gif

Yay - babies! Sometimes they hatch at 21 days, sometimes earlier. I had one little stinker pop out of his egg on day 16. Surprise!

HEY EVERYBODY !!!!!!!!! I GOT EGGS FROM THERON AN JUST CANDLED!!!!! OMG I HAVE 13 THAT ARE LIVE
jumpy.gif
PLEASE SEND LOTS OF GOOD HATCHEY VIBES THIS WAY. OH IS IT TRUE THAT THEY HATCH AT 19 DAYS INSTEAD OF 21 ? I JUST WANT TO PUT THEM IN LOCK DOWN AT THE RIGHT TIME.. I THINK IM GOING TO BE A STRESSED MOMMY HEN TILL THEY GET HERE
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom