American serama thread!

Two of my girls loving the grass - Bottlcap the Serama and Jangle the Sebright.
pop.gif

One of my chocolate girl that I am using as a breeder . I got her back from my friend who borrow her for 6 months finally got her back am ready to breed her again .

Okay, I am a million pages behind. Hello to everyone who I have not talked to in along time, Hi Froggie. Bumble is doing great. She is starting to "earn her keep" and is laying eggs.

I have 20 serama babies and 6 more eggs under a hen. Some are looking very nice. Excited to watch them grow. But I thought I would stop in and post the newest addition to my back yard. A few have seen photos on FB and on another BYC forum. But thought I would come here to share since it is for my seramas:

I figure I can get easy six 2-story pens that are 2' x 3' on the tall side. The coop is 24' x 8'. The front wall is 10', the back wall 6'. The shorter side will have grow out pens with large runs outside and I will put my practice table and a big brooder box - possibly with dividers. anyway, there is a lot of work to still do. I need to paint the insde, build cages, build runs, pop doors. will wrap the outside and later finish it. I need to put up metal roofing and seal the outside. Few more outside boards to put up oh and put in windows. Probably take all summer to finish it....but it is for my seramas. They should be livin in style by the end of the summer.

Okay, I am a million pages behind. Hello to everyone who I have not talked to in along time, Hi Froggie. Bumble is doing great. She is starting to "earn her keep" and is laying eggs.

I have 20 serama babies and 6 more eggs under a hen. Some are looking very nice. Excited to watch them grow. But I thought I would stop in and post the newest addition to my back yard. A few have seen photos on FB and on another BYC forum. But thought I would come here to share since it is for my seramas:

I figure I can get easy six 2-story pens that are 2' x 3' on the tall side. The coop is 24' x 8'. The front wall is 10', the back wall 6'. The shorter side will have grow out pens with large runs outside and I will put my practice table and a big brooder box - possibly with dividers. anyway, there is a lot of work to still do. I need to paint the insde, build cages, build runs, pop doors. will wrap the outside and later finish it. I need to put up metal roofing and seal the outside. Few more outside boards to put up oh and put in windows. Probably take all summer to finish it....but it is for my seramas. They should be livin in style by the end of the summer.

WOW that is an awesome build !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
goodpost.gif
bow.gif

i need to hire you!!! gosh, i keep trying to make things look good, but no funds and using what i have on hand...
Quote: haven't posted for awhile but i finally think i got boaz and ruth happy- expanded their area- with their help - as you can see boaz is the inspecter while ruth is the supervisor... 3 x 1 on the porch, but they seem to enjoy it... i know they aren't supposed to need alot of space- but they obviosly aren't getting into arguments... this girl looks so passive, but she won't share her man!!

and not to be outdone, joe is still as spoiled- but is getting tired of that flashy thing!

his lady has been busy with the little guy

Okay, for some reason I am having trouble when I try to quote someone else's comment.

Thank you all for the positive feed back on the "coop". Can't take the credit. Had a friend come and build it...I just helped and learned. I have some more "individual" size coops I need to build for my black orpingtons so I needed to learn how to. When it is all done it should be great and everyone should be comfortable and I should be able to keep quite a few birds and also keep them all nice and warm in the winter (we get cold here). Lots of space for storage. Lots of space for birds. I am going to paint some this weekend and try to get a brooder box built as I have babies that need to go into it. I will keep them away from fumes - in case you thought I wasn't thinking.

Well, Bumble just jumped in my lap, must be dinner time.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom