American serama thread!

Ken breeds for that color and Jerry is the creator of the color . You should Pm LAseramas kp if you are interested in learning about that color and how to make them in all shade. Ken has shown all of us many time over with his post and updates .

Update: she found an egg, a D'Uccle's I think, but not hers. I'm thinking I'll let her keep it and see what happens. Do you think a hen that young has the ability to carry it all the way through?

Yes they can, but don't bet the farm on it.... ;) :oops:

One of my hens laid her first one or two eggs @ 6-7 months, ..went broody, hatched one egg, dumped the kid on Gamma at one month and NEVER went broody again. But boy do I love that kid! She is my favorite now.... :D :love

Hello, I am very new to this site, and to keeping chickens. A couple days ago I was searching through the farm and garden section of Craigslist and I came across a woman selling seramas. I have wanted them for a very long time so I purchased a pair of hens from her. They were sold to me as 8 week old seramas. They look a bit older to me though. Any thoughts on that? I have not had a chance to weigh them yet, but I think they may be on the larger side for seramas. Although i have seen them stand with better posture than is pictured, I know that these birds are not show quality, and that is fine as they will be kept as pets, but I would love to hear what other more experienced people that I think of them. Any comments or critiques are greatly appreciated because as I said, I know very little on .101569.100000468901630&type=3
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...349243378434623.101569.100000468901630&type=3
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...349243378434623.101569.100000468901630&type=3
This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page. sorry tried to look

sorry i finally saw the pics here yes not serama but nice little oegb

Last edited:

the now full grown roo from my avatar photo - waddya think is he a keeper? (pardon the scabs he was scrappin with another bigger roo) his tail has never quite come in, he is a year old now

Last edited:
http://www.wildwestseramas.com/index.html Sorry I have not been on here. We have been super busy out on the west coast building up many serama events and fun shows. There are several great new serma clubs out here such as Wild West Serama club Above is the link we have a Face BOOK page etc. We are holding our second show in Reno Nevada this november 2012. The HIgh Roller serama classic will be Judged by Grand Pa Jack. Looking forward to meeting many wonderful people from Oregon and washington.. We will be starting a auction to gain funds for this event and for all joined official club members you will be able to enter in to a raffle to WIN a very nice pair of seramas...
~Cara
Awesome, cant wait to see pictures !

Back
Top Bottom