American serama thread!

Ken has gone back to work but ask me to updated this cocoa-patton project . This is one of his cocoapop that stay at 9 oz .

Last edited:
I live only 5 mins away from Ken and he has alot of nice birds .
D.gif

Could you describe the quietness of your serama's crow to me. Also if someone can describe a "muted crow" to me, it would be great. Since most of you are breeders, I hope this will sway my mom to letting me get some serama roosters and hens to breed!
I have one little guy who is almost as loud as my d'uccle roo, which is a mid-sized bantam fellow...nothing like the big guys. Another serama roo has a very small, raspy kind of crow - I barely notice it. So they definitely vary...

Hello, I have just recently purchased some Serama eggs. I am so excited! I am just looking for any advice on hatching or incubation. I have heard these can be hard to hatch in the incubator. I have several broody hens but I would be afraid they may be too big and would crush the eggs. My broodies are Silver grey dorkings and lavender orps. Should I try one of my broodies or would that be a bad idea? Also, what is the difference between Malaysian and American? Thanks guys!

Hello, I have just recently purchased some Serama eggs. I am so excited! I am just looking for any advice on hatching or incubation. I have heard these can be hard to hatch in the incubator. I have several broody hens but I would be afraid they may be too big and would crush the eggs. My broodies are Silver grey dorkings and lavender orps. Should I try one of my broodies or would that be a bad idea? Also, what is the difference between Malaysian and American? Thanks guys!

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF SERAMAS! Yep, those two broodies are a tad too big for the eggs. I am NO expert on incubation, I always use the HEN-O-BATOR myself....but as far as I know you incubate the same. Mayalsian are where the birds originally came from. They were importated about 10-12 years ago by a few people here in the states where they then became "americans". From what I understand there are more than one type of serama in Maylasia and the US version is one of these types. I KNOW more people will chime in with MUCH better info than this.......just a brief overview from an old frog here...LOL.

This is Duce He is an Extreme American serama 15 oz 2.5 yrs old Thank you GRADY TAYLOR

YOUNG STOCK AVAILABLE FOR SALE @ the WILD WEST SERAMA CLASSIC November 2012 RENO NEVADA
http://www.wildwestseramas.com/

Black and Whites Posing for the photoshoot for the UPCOMING HIGH ROLLER SERAMA CLASSIC , Reno Nv 2012 Serama table top show

Up and coming cockerel 5.25 months

Blue and White Pullet

Back
Top Bottom