americana coloring help

Jacob Temple

Songster
9 Years
Apr 13, 2012
I have a real pretty americana rooster i cant figure out what color to call him i would think red splash but what do you think

Sorry but that is an easter egger. Ameraucana do not come in the variety. It does appear to be a red and splash bird.

Tim

I thought Americana's and Easter Egger's were the same thing? What is an Auracauna then? I heard that Auracauna's are a rare breed and are completely different from Easter Eggers and Americana's. Also, My Americana's are developing ear muffs. I thought those were only found on Auracauna's? There is much confusion about these 3 types of Chickens and I would love to know the truth about them. Can someone who really knows the facts about this help Jacob and I out? By the way Jacob, Your Rooster is lovely!!

I have another Question about Ameraucanas. Some of my Ameraucanas have the classic greenish colored legs and the others have regular colored legs. Why is that? someone told me it's because Ameraucanas are just mix breed chickens and they throw any old breeds of Chickens together just making sure they will lay blueish, greenish eggs. Is that true?

To understand the differences between the 3 breeds, try this article and this other article.

Jacob, nice Easter Egger rooster. I make up fake colors for mine
wink.png
"Red splash" seems to suite him, just remember to call him an EE rather than an Ameraucana/Americana/etc.

Back
Top Bottom