Americano Blue's musher/mushing chat thread

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by Americano Blue, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Distance

8 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. sprint

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  3. Rec

8 vote(s)
    57.1%
  4. Other

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RezChamp

RezChamp Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow. Another wise sounding youngster. You young ladies must be "old souls".

2. RezChamp

Good for you. I hope it sticks around. Maybe on the weekends now you'll be able to get some mushing in.

3. RezChamp

News...
    I hooked up some newbies today. 2 mile training loop.
    Shadow&Frosty @ wheel. Did really well. Frosty did better. Shadow seemed a bit reluctant and nervous.
    Jedi @ swing. Wow. Awsome dog. I wasn't expecting that. He's definitely a keeper. Actually so are Frosty and Shadow.
    Bulldozer @ point. He's the one that loves working. He's the one that broke his harness last year. He was really bad for chewing necklines and literally screaming to "GO". He's a little calmer this year but still pulls like a champ.
    Burner and Ashliegh are my leaders. They are awsome dogs. They need some conditioning since Burner is really fat rightnow. He looks like a ten gallon drum with legs. And although Ashliegh is a Racer with a slender build and short hair, she's actually over weight too.
    I had a freakin blast today. These youngsters are way fast compared to my old standby team. Gota go. Catch y'all tomorrow
    Love y'all.

4. charnic44

charnic44 Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't like being the middle child but sometimes I do. Especially when I just want to be left alone sometimes.
    The horses are fun but when you have to train them, not so easy. There are things I can make my mare (reining-cow horse, she was shown as a 3 year old and is now 11. She taught me just about everything I know) do but then when I have to teach a young filly/Colt to do something, I've got pretty much close to 0 knowledge. I like Appaloosas, pretty coat patterns. They have weird (to me) heads.
    I'm hoping I can get a harness soon, not just a halter. Your dog was the first Sibe in your area? That's cool. At least you knew nobody had a dog like yours. ;)
    Trying to be a musher but certain people are holding me back *cough cough* mom.... Lol

Haha I'd like to think that I use my brain. Not that boys don't, but sometimes they need to think then act. At least the ones I know. :/

Chubby doggies! Lol. How old are Frosy, Shadow, Jedi, and Bulldozer? A Year? Less? They don't sound too old.

5. Americano Blue

Americano Blue Mush on!

Apr 14, 2014
    Hello Spring
    My Coop
    Sound like fun. I got my sled out and did a short 1/2 mile run with the leads today. They neede to get used to the sled noises.
    me too. I at least need it in the mountains

6. charnic44

7. Americano Blue

Americano Blue Mush on!

Apr 14, 2014
    Hello Spring
    My Coop
    No problem

8. RezChamp

I usta love riding horse back. I probably still do, just that I haven't for years. Maybe when I'm too old for mushing. By the way my bones and muscles feel it won't be too much longer. Haha.
    You're 15 right? Lotsa time sweetheart.
    Ya, chubby dogs. At least I know if I'm way out with little to no food for him he'll be fine.... ..and Ashliegh.
    Frosty and Shadow were a yr old April1. This coming July 15th?, Bulldozer will be 3. Jedi was born May 4 2014.[​IMG][​IMG]

9. charnic44

Hopefully you get to mush for a lot longer than just a few more years. :) I'm 14 as of today ( :D ). Chubby dogs may or may not be a good thing, though. They are pretty young. From what it sounds like, they're doing very well. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by