• sprint

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Rec

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Other

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
Pics
Yeah, it's sad. Dog runs away, "let's get another one!" second runs away/gets killed, "let's get another one!" Etc. I was on Craigslist the other day and someone was giving their puppy away after one day because "it didn't work out". I laughed at the person who posted. It just goes to show people have no idea what it means to be responsible.
Lol, I would be packing the BB gun. Or if it's somewhere where there are bigger animals, the 22. A BB into the but will make just about a hodge go away and it doesn't hurt the dog too much. If it's stupid enough to come back, just give it a couple more.

Yup. It's like the 3 most expensive words ever uttered...."might as well".
We don't think about it till it's done. Hehe

Responsibility ain't for selfish or lazy people that's for sure.

Lemeno what happens.
I've invested thousands and thousands of dollars in my dogs.
Some people just get a dog from someone that had a mongrel ***** whelp from a mutt dog and now they're just getting rid of the pups. For the most part these poor dogs are fed once every 3 or 4 days and eat garbage.
I think sometimes when they come after my nice healthy dogs they are just looking with hunger. I have taken to carting a 22 when ever I go mushing. It usually scares them away. If it don't, they never have be scared, or worried, or hungry ever again.

One time when a Rottie/Lab came bounding at us I quickly stopped the sled and let Mikey go. He went went up to the dog sideways kinda scrunching down, tail wagging....very submissive. When the dog rushed him Mikey got him in a choke at the throat and didn't let go till the dog was dead. I didn't dare interfere. I kinda knew what Mikey was like but didn't really. When he let the dog go I said,"Come Mikey, Work." He trotted to his station wagging his tail and waited for me to snap him on. We proceeded another 4miles then came home.
Mikey was a nickname shortened from Mahikun, a Cree word used to refer to canis lupus. Apparently his dad was a timber wolf from the bush around WarLake a small settlement in Northern Manitoba. His mom was a Malamute. She was mean. Thats where Mikey got his meaness from. His mom didn't like anyone except her owner, my buddy Arnold's wife. Mikey comprehended pecking order though and since he was the new comer to the pack he didn't pick any fights with any one and totally loved my kids. Sadly, 2 yrs later he started killing pups and I had him put to sleep.
im not big on killing dogs. I dont allow my dogs to be aggressive or kill, how ever i dont kill them if they do kill something. I dont believe in the whole "an eye for an eye." The dogs that chased us are owned and I plan on talking to the owners. I do t trust my self with a gun lol. Plus, it was a good chance to pratice "over gee" and "on by."

i throw rocks or use water mixure. They font usually get to close, just chasr and bark

Good one. You're lucky then. Where you live maybe dogs are a bit smarter than to chase and threat on and try to fight a whole 8 dog team thats used to pulling 300-700lbs for 20-60 miles.
I use snowballs to throw at my dogs when they wana stop every 5 feet and pee on a blade of grass or a bush....or a beer bottle or BigMac box.LOL
Just small ones that ain't rock hard. I don't wana physically hurt them, just remind them them it' work time.

Good one. You're lucky then. Where you live maybe dogs are a bit smarter than to chase and threat on and try to fight a whole 8 dog team thats used to pulling 300-700lbs for 20-60 miles.
I use snowballs to throw at my dogs when they wana stop every 5 feet and pee on a blade of grass or a bush....or a beer bottle or BigMac box.LOL
Just small ones that ain't rock hard. I don't wana physically hurt them, just remind them them it' work time.

Last edited:
im not big on killing dogs. I dont allow my dogs to be aggressive or kill, how ever i dont kill them if they do kill something. I dont believe in the whole "an eye for an eye." The dogs that chased us are owned and I plan on talking to the owners. I do t trust my self with a gun lol. Plus, it was a good chance to pratice "over gee" and "on by."

I have done a lot of things that needed to get get done because they needed to get done even though sometimes I didn't really want to.
I hope you don't need to go through it although it's prettywell a given in life, and its also a given that your life is much, much different than mine.
Not only are you young, you're living in a different world than I and you're female human. I ain't saying you live on the moon and I live on Mars. I'm saying we are worlds apart, in so many ways. I just wanted to throw that in there even though I have a good notion you know what I mean.... some others may need clarification.....
I appreciate your politically correct way of writing too.

Although it didn't work well with me being understanding, kind and patient approaching other dog owners, I wish you well in your honourable desire to reason with the ones in your area. Maybe because you are a woman and you're young you'll have better luck than me.

My thing is that if a dog trust me, i never tell it to work, i ask it. If it trust me he/she will.

Yup. True that. My dogs love working. I even sing to them. I tell them jokes, stories I remember as a kid, ask them their thoughts on my problems.....
You know......the normal musher stuff. Our ways may differ but our beliefs are very similar. This is good

My world, especially when I was a kid, even though it was beautiful had a harshness about reality. Reality dictated that hard decisions be made sometimes. It's way easier today, way different lifestyle, even around here, compared to what I grew up in. Much more now, the difference between your world and mine, taking into consideration, geographical, ecological, economy, population, .... There many many variables

Back
Top Bottom