"Americauna" TSC Special -Townline Easter Eggers

LudHuddle

In the Brooder
May 14, 2023
Hello! Thanks in advance for any help. We have two cockerels/roosters in question (#1 and #2). Both "easter egger" pullets according to TSC - #1 developed tail feathers early and has had a red comb for 3 weeks already. #2 did not start developing tail feathers until 5 weeks old. #3 is from a different group but I labeled it for some reason so just ignore 😊

20230608_121520~2.jpg

20230608_121129~2.jpg

20230609_150710~2.jpg

20230531_183748~2.jpg

AB&C are from the same group as 1 & 2.

20230528_130734.jpg

Bonus picture of both age groups getting along after slow introductions!

#1 is the meanest of the bunch, often sunbathes alone and is the most curious. #2 is the smallest and most polite but sounds different/makes different noises from the rest.

Thanks again for any help!!

Not an expert but I would say 1 is a cockerel I can't see 2 well enough to judge.
Thanks for replying! I don't have many decent pictures of #2 but I will try to capture some. It is one of my kids' favorites, so they're usually in the photos with them

TSC have chick's brought in from different hatcheries. They don't sex them or know anything about them. If they are labeled pullets, it's the sign that was provided to them from the hatchery.i got 8 chick's this spring from TSC. I bought Golden Comets and IsA Browns. When the girl picked them out of the bins for me, I said to her, whatever you pick just don't pick any white ones. They are sexlinked chickens and white is a male. The girl had no clue. TSC is getting a bad reputation because the hatchery is making the errors. I hope yours turn out the way you want.

TSC have chick's brought in from different hatcheries. They don't sex them or know anything about them. If they are labeled pullets, it's the sign that was provided to them from the hatchery.i got 8 chick's this spring from TSC. I bought Golden Comets and IsA Browns. When the girl picked them out of the bins for me, I said to her, whatever you pick just don't pick any white ones. They are sexlinked chickens and white is a male. The girl had no clue. TSC is getting a bad reputation because the hatchery is making the errors. I hope yours turn out the way you want.
That makes sense about TSC - it was our first time buying chicks in person because our kids have usually hatched eggs through school. We knew what we were getting into & that the average employee had limited knowledge 😊

Our friends got Townline Easter Eggers last year so that's why we tracked some down. Our other girls are sexlinked. (Plus 2 new brahmas) We know where we can rehome one rooster so just hoping there's not two. Time will tell! Thanks for your reply!

Back
Top Bottom