Amers d’Anvers

Pics
They were in his hand and he has said it. Said it to me the night he bought them, and on his thread yesterday I believe.

I'm assuming he didn't buy them as pets (he has too many chickens for that) and you have deemed them unworthy of breeding.
:lau I did buy them as pets, silly.
It's two females. I don't thinking breeding is an option and do you think I'd give up any slots in the incubator to them that could be used for leghorn eggs?
Quit bashing on my little trashy girls.

:lau I did buy them as pets, silly.
It's two females. I don't thinking breeding is an option and do you think I'd give up any slots in the incubator to them that could be used for leghorn eggs?
Quit bashing on my little trashy girls.
Lord you've lost your mind.

Your little trashy girls. I love that. 🤣 Their names shall be Hefty and Glad.

Dominiquexcuckoo d’Anvers Specimen 1. Getting that old hen to lay is really hard, fortunately, for the F1 cross I only need two offspring from her, a male and a female.
8E35E446-19C9-4DA7-9A5B-38EEE42BED2C.jpeg
C5B2A361-267A-4290-AE7C-9EB59DB0ABBF.jpeg

Next: Counting your chickens before you hatch takes on a whole new meaning. F2s are going to be hard to work with. Out of just the two F1s, I need to hatch dozens of F2s.
I have a 1 percent chance of getting the genotypes I want (E/ES/SB/BMb/MbW/W) (E/ES/-Mb/MbW/W)
buuuut
I think my first step with breeding the F2s is test breeding for the silver gene.
I will pick bearded, white-legged males that *look* silver and bearded, white-legged females that *look* silver (tricky because even gold-based females look silver, and I'll bet S/s+ males do too).
I will take the males and cross them with individual Buckeye hens, hatching and raising the chicks from different pairings separately. If they produce any gold chicks they are a cull. I want only silver pullet chicks. If they produce silver AND only white legs or silver AND only beards that's even better, but if that doesn't happen its ok, as long as I get a male homozygous for the silver gene.
I will do the same with pullets. The pullets (in separate pens) will be bred with a Buckeye male. I will raise the chicks from this pairing seperately. I need to make sure the male offspring aren't s+/s+. They should only be S/s+ Hopefully even with the barring and the red gene I will be able to tell the difference between S/s+ and s+/s+
God willing, I will have a male S/S and a female S/-.
There is more, but I won't get that far ahead of myself. ALL granted that a male and unborn possibly not even female chick survive.

Back
Top Bottom