Color genetics for Ginger Cuckoo Polish Pullet

Mburrows6653

Chirping
Jul 24, 2022
I have this ginger cuckoo polish pullet and her color has thrown me off! Never seen anything like it and would like some insight into her genetics and where I should go with her. Photos attached. Her crest is showing chocolate cuckoo barring, but her body is not; her body Is looking Db (ginger). I did not breed her, so I do not know 100% what her parents were.
My cockerels are blue cuckoo and khaki cuckoo. Not sure if I’ll recreate anything like her with those boys or not! Thank you in advance for any input. I can also update the thread with more photos are she gets older. She’s currently 7 weeks old.
IMG_4064.jpeg
IMG_4062.jpeg

I have this ginger cuckoo polish pullet and her color has thrown me off! Never seen anything like it and would like some insight into her genetics and where I should go with her. Photos attached. Her crest is showing chocolate cuckoo barring, but her body is not; her body Is looking Db (ginger). I did not breed her, so I do not know 100% what her parents were.
My cockerels are blue cuckoo and khaki cuckoo. Not sure if I’ll recreate anything like her with those boys or not! Thank you in advance for any input. I can also update the thread with more photos are she gets older. She’s currently 7 weeks old. View attachment 3617236View attachment 3617237
This is indeed interesting! Here are someone that might be able to help like @Chikyboy

Ginger is probably right but based on that dark crest I also see charcoal which is what causes black crested whites and black crested buffs. And of course the white in the crest is caused by the white crest gene. And of course barring. I don’t know the e base. That is my guess anyways.
Or I could be totally wrong and this could be a variation on the genes of a gold laced bird.

Back
Top Bottom