Understanding Aseel colors and genetics - A Project

Faraz1

Songster
Aug 16, 2019
So i am planning to record my journey in trying to understand color genetics in aseel. Any help would be appreciated. Ideally by the end of this project I would like to produce a lavendar/blue colored line an also a white colored line.

Following is my progress so far. I have a lavendar colored thai game hen, which i crossed with a white aseel. Unfortunately the white aseel rooster was stolen so i am now working with around 3 batches of his chicks. The first batch is 6 weeks old and has been recorded in the picture below. Any suggestions and information around color geetics would be appreciated.

I am surprised by the result, the 3 chicks are currently cuckoo, black and potentially black/duckwing.

I have another hatch on the way and will update the chart once they are also 6 weeks old

Attachments

• Aseel Project.jpg
    Aseel Project.jpg
    356.7 KB · Views: 146
So i am planning to record my journey in trying to understand color genetics in aseel. Any help would be appreciated. Ideally by the end of this project I would like to produce a lavendar/blue colored line an also a white colored line.

Following is my progress so far. I have a lavendar colored thai game hen, which i crossed with a white aseel. Unfortunately the white aseel rooster was stolen so i am now working with around 3 batches of his chicks. The first batch is 6 weeks old and has been recorded in the picture below. Any suggestions and information around color geetics would be appreciated.

I am surprised by the result, the 3 chicks are currently cuckoo, black and potentially black/duckwing.

I have another hatch on the way and will update the chart once they are also 6 weeks old
Your white rooster is most likely carrying barring, at least one copy, resulting in the one barred chick.

Lavender is recessive, so first generation chicks won't show it. They'll be split for the gene, & would have to be bred back to the hen to produce more lavenders.

This is helpful.

The barred chick is a male. If i breed him back to the lavendar female i should get white and lavendar chicks ?

This is helpful.

The barred chick is a male. If i breed him back to the lavendar female i should get white and lavendar chicks ?
No white chicks would be produced from Lavender Split X Lavender pairing. Just Lavender, & Lavender Split chicks will be produced.

I do suspect your rooster is Recessive White, since no white chicks were produced. So, you could produce more white chicks through breeding them together for a short period. After that, new blood would have to be introduced.

Back
Top Bottom