Understanding Aseel colors and genetics - A Project

I do suspect your rooster is Recessive White, since no white chicks were produced. So, you could produce more white chicks through breeding them together for a short period. After that, new blood would have to be introduced.
But i dont have the white rooster anymore 😔

Any idea how to get a white batch setup from what i have right now ?

Do you have examples of lavendar split colors ?
Ya, your three chicks are all examples.
Your chicks all carry one copy of lavender and also one copy of recessive white.
Bred all your chicks together and you'll get some lavender and some whites.
I think you got a chance of some other stuff coming out. Definitely barring if you use any barred chicks then your lavender hen wasn't produced from black split parents so there's a chance some pattern or leakage will end up popping up too.

Awesome thread! My birds are wheaten, and I'm guessing they have some melanizers thrown in. I've researched everything I could find on wheaten in Orientals but it strikes me as quite a mess.

to be honest i like my asil hens to be light wheaton and my cocks red. i have had wild type wheaton, laced, and darks in the past with my hens also dark cocks and one spangled cock but only want light wheaton hens and red cocks. of course color is the least important thing with asils. gameness, pearl eyes, square yellow shanks with almost armor plates, strong spurs, upright stance, and intelligence should be what asil breeders breed for. i play around with color on my crushers, brazillians, and ga although ga and brazillian cocks i like red also

How do people gauge intelligence ? Can Asils be trained for any tricks ? I do know breeders train them that when they click their fingers, the roosters do the wing dance

Back
Top Bottom