Understanding Aseel colors and genetics - A Project

Update. Batch 1 chicks are now at 10 weeks old. Looks like all 3 are roosters so i will only be proceeding with one at this stage (bared/cuckoo Black & White rooster)

I also have a second batch that has hatched, now 6 weeks old. Unfortunately it looks like 3 roosters again so may not keep any of them. There were also 3 more hatch mates, one black/brown, and 2 black chicks which i gave away.

Attachments

• Aseel Project.jpg
    Aseel Project.jpg
    356.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Aseel Project_update.jpg
    Aseel Project_update.jpg
    777.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Batch-2.JPG
    Batch-2.JPG
    199.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Batch-2a.JPG
    Batch-2a.JPG
    184.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Chick-1-12-weeks.JPG
    Chick-1-12-weeks.JPG
    279.5 KB · Views: 14
Update. Batch 1 chicks are now at 10 weeks old. Looks like all 3 are roosters so i will only be proceeding with one at this stage (bared/cuckoo Black & White rooster)

I also have a second batch that has hatched, now 6 weeks old. Unfortunately it looks like 3 roosters again so may not keep any of them. There were also 3 more hatch mates, one black/brown, and 2 black chicks which i gave away.
If you can, breed as many of these back to their mother as possible. You'll statistically get half lavender and half lavender splits.
Breeding from as many males as possible, will keep you as genetically diverse as possible with the birds you have in hand.
When you breed the offspring from these cockerels together you should start getting some whites. Hatch as many as you reasonably can, it'll help get the desired result quicker.

Back
Top Bottom