Amerucana

Just so everyone knows yes I know she's a Easter Egger I was told she was a Ameraucana when I bought her but unfortunately not. That's OK I still love her and her blue eggs. 😀

I made this post for all the Ameraucana lover to come together and chat about these beautiful chickens. I wish more people would have done this since I know we all take a common interest in this breed but unfortunately this is not how it turned out.😢 I am hoping that more people will use this theard as it was intended and show their love for the breed remember you don't have to have an Ameraucana to join this thread you just have to love the breed.

I'm getting Ameraucanas the week of Aug 3rd from Cackle. Getting Blue, Black and Lavender. I really wish I could find a hatchery that is selling Silver, Blue Wheaten, and Red Brown chicks for shipping. Given that I can't find any but shipped fertile eggs I may be trying my hand at hatching next year.

I have one black am not a fan of the breed or anything mixed with them they are so skittish. And have to many health issues.

I have one black am not a fan of the breed or anything mixed with them they are so skittish. And have to many health issues.
Mine are sweet and always healthy maybe your are from bad genetics. They are known to be a sweet tempered bird

Mine are sweet and always healthy maybe your are from bad genetics. They are known to be a sweet tempered bird
Mine are true ameraucanas not easter eggers. And never had a calm easter egger or true ameraucana. The rooster i have is very aggressive towards others aswell def not a breed id get more of and anything with a beard or muffs gets plucked out by other so they look ugly to

Mine are true ameraucanas not easter eggers. And never had a calm easter egger or true ameraucana. The rooster i have is very aggressive towards others aswell def not a breed id get more of and anything with a beard or muffs gets plucked out by other so they look ugly to
Did you hold them when they are babies if not any breed can be mean if not properly tamed I have silkies that I got as adults that are skittish because nobody tamed them when they were young. I am not trying to be rude or offensive just saying

Did you hold them when they are babies if not any breed can be mean if not properly tamed I have silkies that I got as adults that are skittish because nobody tamed them when they were young. I am not trying to be rude or offensive just saying
I handle my birds allot and only a few where still skittish...ameraucanas, olive eggers, easter eggers(which where am mixes) and marans.
Ive had barreds,wyandottes,speckled sussex,silkies,seramas,sex links to name a few breeds that werent skittish. I currently have 56 chicks right now and the worst ones are the easter eggers and my lavender wyandottes. Which pretty sure this time they picked it up from the lavenders as those seem to be the worst and will end up being culled.

Handling birds doesn’t always mean they'll be tamed. I've got several I've messed with near constantly that would rather never see me again and a few I didn't really handle that would rather I moved into the coop with them.

Back
Top Bottom