Amerucauna tail-less

NewYorkMama

Songster
7 Years
Apr 17, 2017
Finger Lakes, NY
Hello! I have chicks which are roughly 3-4 weeks old. Two were listed as “Amerucauna” breed at TS. They look distinctly different from one another already which is interesting, but particularly noticeable is the lack of tail feathers on the one. I’ve never had this breed before. Thoughts? Pics attached.

Attachments

• IMG_7762.jpeg
    IMG_7762.jpeg
    401 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_7759.jpeg
    IMG_7759.jpeg
    484.3 KB · Views: 11
Do you know which hatchery TSC got those chicks from? TSC uses different hatcheries. You might be able to look those chicks up at that hatcheries website and get a better handle on what is going in.

Very few hatcheries actually sell true Ameraucana. Several sell chicks they call Ameraucana (or maybe spell it slightly differently) but they are really Easter Eggers, do not fit the breed requirements. Usually when they sell true Ameraucana they tell you which color/pattern they are. Did those come with a color/pattern description? That might be a big clue as to whether they are true Ameraucana or not.

My guess is that those are EE's instead of true Ameraucana. If so you can get a lot if differences.

Back
Top Bottom