Amish fireplace

Consumer reports I belive did a review on them. Or was it another consumer review style place? Anyway they gave it a deffinent thumbs down. It is increadably inefficiant and a waste of money.

My MIL really wanted one of these last year..we researched up on side and down the other..a definite NO go..first of all, the only thing Amish is the cabinet around them and the heater is equal to a $40.00 heater from Lowes..if you want the look and just an occasional bit of spot heat then ..maybe..but for the money I don't think so..

Is this the one they advertise on TV? They are electric right? Don't waste your $! That whole "Amish" thing is such a gimmick!! They advertise it as Amish made, which the cabinet could be, but I'd be willing to bet there's a made in china sticker on it somewhere, and they say the Amish use them - Amish don't use electric
roll.png
They hardly put out any real amount of heat, and did I mention they're ELECTRIC
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
You'll look ay your electric bill the month after you get it, and be like
ep.gif
th.gif
Do some more research, and find a stove/fireplace that is efficient & cost effective. Try craigslist - lots of stoves for sale on there... That's where we got ours last year. Perfect condition, and 1/4 the price of a new one
thumbsup.gif

There is no way Amish men would work alongside with women in the workshop. I dont think they allow it. And take a look at the hats, ever seen one wearing a cowboy hat????

Its bogus, that for sure!

I don't know about the whole Amish thing but we bought an electric fireplace last year for $120 or so at Walmart. OMG that thing kicks out heat and looks pretty to boot. Now there is no way we could heat the house with it but it allows us to turn the heat way down downstairs and stay toasty in our bedroom....with ambiance no less!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom