Amoxicillin dosage clarification

Jess-97

In the Brooder
Apr 29, 2022
Can anyone confirm amoxicillin dosage? I’ve seen anywhere 125mg once daily to 250mg twice daily.

I have an Ameraucana hen with a swollen foot pad. She had a minor case of Bumblefoot, I removed the scab that had a TINY kernel on it about 4 days ago. The wound is closing very well and the redness is gone, no heat, but her foot pad is still pretty hard and she’s now limping. I have soaked her the last 3 days in epsom salt for about 5mins… that’s all she’ll take and spray vetericyn before re-bandaging.

I have Aqua-mox 250mg tablets I was going to start her on to help with the swelling and any infection that didn’t make it’s way out.

I’ll get an exact weight later today before starting.

Thank you in advance
@casportpony @Eggcessive

7-10 it is!
Hopefully this resolves the lingering swelling.
Thank you so much, I appreciate your time and quick responses!

I have given a young roo about 250mg twice per day and see big improvement in his condition.
I said about 250, because I have 500mg capsules, which contents I visually divide into 2 doses.
Today will be day 5.
When I first read the dosage, I thought it was way too much. Proportionally it is 100 times human dosage. Yet my roo went from always laying down and barely keeping his eyes open to hobbling around and even tried to fly up onto a dog crate yesterday. He was a victim of a dog attack and after a couple of days started to get worse. I saw no infection but assumed there must be as his health was declining.

Back
Top Bottom