Amputee kitty

Awww! Poor little munchkin!
hit.gif

You're a good doobie!
hugs.gif

Quote:
yeah, i guess its to his elbow, but cats have really short "upper arms" so it looks a lot shorter than it actually is. What sucks is that the foreleg bones weren't broken, only the tarsals (think wrist) were broken, but because of the nerve and tissue damage, they had to amputate further up.

Quote:
That last pic is AWESOME!!!

Kittens adapt quickly. I saw one that was paralyzed and had a cart for the back half of it's body. As for litterbox training. If you have a fair sized dog kennel. Put him in it with a small litter box for a couple days. Friend of mine tried using one of those alum. turkey roasting pans to litter train her cat. Would go all around that pan but not in it. Little did she know but the urine combined with the alum caused a small elect charge that the cat could feel.

My 1year old girl Lucy had to have her eye removed at the beginning of the summer. She and her brother & sister were all born with a birth defect of the 3rd eyelid. The other 2 did great with the surgery to fix the eyelid but Lucy's continued to roll in on it's self. It hurt her more to clean the eye when it got gunky than to have the surgery. We were told maybe 10% vision in the eye if we tried to save it. Went with having it removed. This girl can snag things out of the air that better than most outfielders in the National League!!

I'm a cat lover, and I must say he's ADORABLE
love.gif
He looks like he might be a medium, not short hair breed.
I used to have 4 longhaired, now I'm down to 2. People think longhaired cats are harder to take care of, but it's the opposite. Their fur tends to just lay on top, and you can just pick it up, whereas short hair is more coarse and tends to work it's way into furniture, etc, and it's harder to get out.

JMHO,
Jen

Quote:
yeah, i guess its to his elbow, but cats have really short "upper arms" so it looks a lot shorter than it actually is. What sucks is that the foreleg bones weren't broken, only the tarsals (think wrist) were broken, but because of the nerve and tissue damage, they had to amputate further up.

Tripod's (yes that's really her name
roll.png
) was amputated right above her "elbow".

He looks like a maine coon kitten. He is adorable. I feel so sorry for him for all he has been through, but he is so lucky to have you to care for him
smile.png

When I was a kid somebody shot off the front leg of our Manx cat. We ended up with a three legged tailless cat. Well he could climb trees no problem and would not hesitate to challenge our very large german shepherd.

what a lucky cat! The best advice is just to take thing slowly with this kid. TRY to keep baby confined to just one room for a while until the little darling appears more comfortable an adapted to having 3 leg. He is young and he's got time on his side. As for the litter box training go back to basic puppy training, yes I said puppy. every 2 hours as well ass every time he finishes something 2 eat/drink (not just a snack but a meal) when nap time is over, and when play time is over. Kitty will get the hint soon enough.
Good luck and well done!!!

Back
Top Bottom