An angry, out of state family member called CPS on me...

Quail_Antwerp

[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs
11 Years
Aug 16, 2008
Ohio
It really irritates me that people can't mind their own business. We supposedly live in America, where we are supposed to have the right to life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, and we have the right to privacy.

Someone (and we're pretty sure we know who) violated my right to privacy. They gave false information in an attempt to have my children removed from my home just to hurt us. How do I know? because of the bogus complaints they made (some of which proves to me that they really know nothing about us!)

What a horrible thing to do! Just because you don't like someone in your family, you should never try to hurt them through their children. That's the lowest of the low.

I think what irritates me the most is, let's waste the county's time investigating homes where there is no reason to be there when there are true cases of abuse going ignored every day. HELLO!!

I'm sure they thought I'd be stupid enough to just let them in my house, too.
smack.gif
Well, I didn't, and I'm not going to, either.

CPS is not an agency for people to use and abuse as retaliation against people they don't like/get along with. This is an agency that's there to help children that are in REAL abusive situations. If we suck up all their time and tax money using them as revenge tactics in personal vendettas, then we are failing all children everywhere.

I hope if anyone ever feels they need to report someone, be sure that there is really an abuse/neglect situation that NEEDS reporting. Don't go making up stories just to hurt someone, because in cases like that, it's the innocent children that you ultimately hurt!

Wow.
sad.png
I am sorry to hear that. You are right, too many people do NOT mind their own business. I think some live to make others miserable.
hugs.gif
I wouldnt have let CPS into my house either under those circumstances!
Maybe now that it didnt work, they will leave you alone.
fl.gif

Last edited:
I so know what your talking about!!! My nephews spent time with me and my sister decided when they ate what we did, we were turning her sons agaianst her. They liked my home grown food better. We were watched for 6 monthes on how we did things around here. They told my sister she should take notes on how to raise kids. Fast food was not the answer. Good luck

it does me too, we had a hight rate of calls over a 2 year spand in our small town (900), we were even called on when we left our daughter with friends while my youngest son was in the nicu a 160 miles away for 3 weeks. our "friend" who just happend to work with my husband at the sheriffs dept were responsable for my daughter in our time of need, while turns out that this friend wife was the one calling cps on every all the time, she was cought trasspassong on peoples property and only given a warning because she was a cops wife......the calls are stopped now and our small town has some what gone back to normal....she turned out to be the BIGGEST LOSSER in town (nice way of putting it), she ended up leaving her husband of 17 years and 4 boy's just a couple weeks ago.....i'm glad to see her go, didn't really like in the first place but what kind of mother would just get up and leave?.

on another note...not letting the cps in? that would be a wrong move on any one's part. invite them in...let them see that you are caring for the kids in a right way...if there is another call made later on it will show in the files that you refused.

Too many people have their heads clouded with revenge, so much so that they do not realize that backing up the CPS with bogus calls takes time away from the children out there that have real situations and need help.
sad.png
IMHO, that is part of the problem with this "system" that is supposed to protect the children when their parents can't/won't.

OP- I am so sorry for your situation
hugs.gif
Situations like this remind me, "You can't choose your family!"

I am so sorry you are going through this. It is sad when people use children as a tool of any kind.

I have called to report abuse once many years ago when it was HRS. I called 6 times in fact and they never so much as came out to talk to me or the parents of the child, a beautiful 6 year old girl. Her step-father beat her to death...then suddenly they wanted to talk to me. I was so disgusted with them I could not see straight! But they harrassed me for months once because my son, who was in K, got off the bus one day and his sitter was late because of an accident. He did what I told him to and went to a business that the bus stopped in front of, called me and waited right there for me to rush home from work. HRS harrassed me for months over a beglect case because someone from that business called and said no one was there to meet him when the bus arrived. I refused to let them in my home too. They never did step foot inside my home. I ended up suing them.
somad.gif

Quote:
Legally, they have no right to come into my home. This is a pattern with my inlaws. Everytime they get upset with us, they report us to CPS. CPS has to legally have a warrant, obtained by physical evidence, to enter your home, unless you invite them in. Once you invite them in, they can use anything they find that they don't like against you. Annonymous complaints doesn't give them the right to enter a home, nor is it proof that there is abuse.

My kids are in a county program called Help Me Grow, who is state mandated to report any abuse/child endangerment they find. Help Me Grow has been coming for 8 years, both announced and unannounced. They've told CPS already there is nothing to be concerned about in our home.

I've refused the last time that family turned us in, too, and the case was dismissed. I've a friend who cooperated with CPS and they didn't leave her alone until she moved out of the area.

I've another friend who was taken from the home, even though there was no physical evidence that she was in a bad home or being abused, and they didn't complete an investigation first. Her parents did everything CPS told them to do, right down to moving dad out of the home and getting a divorce, and it still took my friend's mom 3 years of fighting CPS to get her kids back. The whole time, CPS told them, if you do this, we'll give you your kids back. When they went to court and they told the judge, "They told us to do this, and we did, but we didn't get our kids back," the judge flipped out on the CPS worker. Then when he found out there had not been an investigation, he really blew his top. It was already too late, they had already broke up my friend's family, and the parents never reconciled, either, although they did try. They were both too hurt over everything and ended up blaming eachother.

I'm not Anti-CPS, I'm Anti-False Annonymous Reports.

Good for you not letting them into your house. I would have told them to get a search warrant.
I went through some trouble with them several years ago. My own teenage son called them. What holier than thou attitudes they all seem to have.
While helping children is certainly a noble cause, I have no respect for these agencies.
I think they do more harm than good.

We have a problem in Britain with our version of your CPS. Ours is called Social Services.

Seems everyday there is a report in the papers of children being taken from caring families for very little reason while other children are dying after years of abuse which was never noticed.

"soft targets" and "meeting performance figures" springs to mind.

Back
Top Bottom