An angry, out of state family member called CPS on me...

what was the complaint? why did you not let them in? I know if cps came to my home I would gladly give them a tour, even if the house was a little messy (usually is) and if I keep chooks in tha garage, I have nothing to hide, and I am not saying you do but wouldnt letting them in have made the whole thing end? Now cps probably believes the complaintent and not you, and I cant say I blame them. I would question what was goingon in a home as well if I got a call and then was not allowed in.

he.gif

I've never heard of CPS... I'm going to guess it's like DCYF around here. And trust me- I feel you on the gettting reported for no reason business. My mom divorced my stepdad, he now calls DCYF regularly. He says all the time he's reported us for one thing or another. They have come to the house several times. A few times it's because of the clothes that my little brother wears (he only wears old clothes to see his dad because he takes the good ones, and the shoes). Once was for bro. not wearing underwear- he chooses not to, we don't force it- it's not like he's not pottytrained. He's tried to say that he can't be around me because I'm "gothic" oh my clothing is so harmful (note the sarcasm). This last time it was because of fleas.
he.gif
The Whole Area Is Infested!!! Not just my house! Even the baseball field he plays on has them. We have been doing everything. Flea bombs, sprays, powders, putting chemicals down on the lawn. He tried to say that our house is unsuitable to live in. It's mostly the outdoors what with all the rain.....
rant.gif
If you could've seen the dirty look I got when I told the DCYF woman she couldn't come in because my mom wasn't home...
barnie.gif
Oh trust me, I feel your frustration.

I've written about this before. My sister wanted my 16 year old daughter to move to Florida with her.So she could have a built in babysitter. She even texted my daughter & told her to lie to the lady from CPS. The text said if you lie, Your reward would be getting to go to Florida. Long story short, I had the text to show to the lady (when I invited her into my home). It was all dropped,but I feel your frustrations! You should have the rite to take that accuser to court, & sue for slander. All this crap would stop real fast!

I understand your disdain for them being in the house- I have a friend whose psychotic ex-wife call them from across the country (she left them) to report him for all sorts of made up stuff.

This guy (my friend) is allergic to chiggers- like deathly, anaphalaxis allergic- so he doesn't leave the pavement in warm months. He has a huge deck because of this and does other things outside than some might.

SRS (our Social Services) shows up, he lets them in and around the house, and they freak out that there isn't any grass in most of the backyard and instead there's a huge deck! And they freak out that he had a stump on the deck for the kid to practice nailing! He's 7! Kids like to build things!

They presented this as evidence in custody court of his indifference to child development (this guy is a child development consultant for school districts for children with autism and special needs!) and that he was too lazy to care for grass or buy appropriate toys...

Quote:
No, not allowing them in doesn't make the complaint true, but it does make it difficult for them to get physical evidence to use against you.

Maxx, my inlaws have been trying to force us out of our home because they want the property we live on.

ETA: I'm not going to post what the complaints were at this time. Once it's resolved, then I might.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom