an Aseel

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by LittleRooster, Jul 12, 2011.

1. LittleRooster

LittleRooster Out Of The Brooder

Dec 29, 2009
    Georgetown, DE
    [​IMG]

I have no idea really how to upload images to the forum...I have tried figuring out.

Anyway, hopefully this works.

My friend found a bantam chicken on the side of the road and asked if I could make room for him. He is soooo tiny! I have never seen a full grown roo this tiny...my Polish "babies" are as big as him! I looked on the breed page and it looks like an Aseel. Can anyone tell me if that is right (if the image came out), if it didn't can someone help me figure out how to do that? If he is an Aseel, are they common?

Thanks!

-Kitty
    Little Rooster Croft

2. LittleRooster

Dec 29, 2009
    Georgetown, DE
    Okay, apparently I figured out how to post the pic![​IMG]

3. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    Can you post a better pic of his comb?

4. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Yes, could we get a better pic of his comb? I doubt he is pure Aseel as his stance is all wrong.

5. LittleRooster

Dec 29, 2009
    Georgetown, DE
    I will try to get more pics tonight. Thanks!

6. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Not a Asil.
    Looks like some type of Cross.

Chris

7. Gladiator

Gladiator Out Of The Brooder

Jul 1, 2011
    I would be good if you take a picture of it beside something else of a standard size so we can guesstimate the actual size of the bird. It kind of look like an American Game Bantam. It could be an Old English Game Bantam also; I just got one of them that was also given to me recently. It is realy kind of hard to tell. As far as Aseel, all the aseels I've seen before, are yellow legged and the body conformation is much more different. It look also like the comb and watles have been removed which is a common practice to be done among American and English Game cocks for show purposes.

8. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    That bird has been dubbed, which means the comb and wattles have been cut off. It is the common way of showing game birds these days, even if they aren't used for fighting.

It looks to me like an Old English Game Bantam. Aseels are typically much larger and have a "mean" look to them. They typically have a very large eye ridge which gives them that "hawk" look. They also stand fairly straight up and are very lanky.

9. LostGosling

LostGosling Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2011
    Is the top of his comb smooth and rounded off? He appears to be dubbed (his wattles and comb trimmed off), so I would bet that he's a little B.B. Red Old English Game Bantam.
    Hope I helped! [​IMG]

10. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    Quote:That's why I was asking for a pic of the comb. I suspect it is a dubbed OEGB.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by