an educated chicken?

fiver

Hatching
11 Years
Dec 31, 2008
In the evening my two silkie chickens come in the chihuahua doggie door and hang out in the kitchen squawking to be put in their box. (these are inner city Los Angelino chickens.)
Bigwig just started laying eggs and when she's going to lay an egg she gets a bit frantic, sometimes coming in the house and following me around agitatedly clucking.
Imagine my surprise when i found her IN BED PERCHED ON MY COMPUTER!! Now she comes in the bedroom, hops on a low bedside table and hops in bed, much to the chagrin the the chihuahuas who are a bit cowed by her.
Luckily my screen is okay.
thumbsup.gif

gig.gif
lau.gif

We used to keep our pig in the house, and when she'd be resting by the fireplace, someone would come to the conclusion that 'We have a pig in the house.' She's outside now, and that's a good thing!
hide.gif
Hope she didn't hear that.

Chickens can be smarter than we give them credit for. One of my hens, born from the smartest hen and rooster in the bunch, was following me inside one day. I started going up the stairs and when I looked behind me, she was there, looking up at me as if to say, "Yo, keep it movin'!" Who trains these birds to be so darn smart when we're not around?
he.gif
rant.gif

Back
Top Bottom