An egg inside of an egg!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Rafter 7 Paint Horses, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Rafter 7 Paint Horses

Rafter 7 Paint Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    East Texas
    One of my regular egg customers called & said when his wife was cooking him breakfast, she broke one of the eggs and it had a little egg inside the shell!
    The large egg was complete with yolk and white, and the little egg was just in the shell with it. The little egg had a shell also.

I have heard of this on this board, but never seen it before. He brought me the little egg to see, and I'm waiting for her to send me a picture of when she broke the egg into a bowl.

I had a customer tell me they got an egg with 3 yolks in it once, too. These eggs came from my Red Star Sex Link hens.

Jean

2. Josie

Josie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    California
    That is so cool!
    I can't wait to see the picture!

3. Churkenduse

Churkenduse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    Unbelieveable, but that is what happens when we fool with mother nature and start mixing things up. Can't wait to see the pics.

[​IMG]

4. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    That is neat! I'm with everyone else - never seen and can't wait for pics.

5. Zylphrix

Zylphrix Out Of The Brooder

Nov 24, 2007
    Hillsborough NC
    i bet theres another egg inside of the small egg ... wait .. we're in an egg .. Nanoo Nanoo .. Mork calling Mindy .. come in Mindy! [​IMG]

6. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG]
    I've had 3 yolkers but, have never seen an egg inside an egg. Waiting for pics too!

7. Layin Eggs

Layin Eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2007
    South Eastern, MA
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2008
  8. hencackle

hencackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Telford, TN
    That's so rare! I think somebody on the ezboard...I mean BYCyuku got one way back yonders. How wonderful! That's so nice of your customer to show you the little egg. Can't wait to see the pics!
    I've gotten several fart eggs (rooster eggs, wind eggs) and some double-yolkers, but never a triple-yolker.

9. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Those red sex links are amazing with their eggs, I can't wait to see the pic too!

10. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Hi Rafter [​IMG] That's neat...can't wait to see the pic....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by