an Eggciting 2 days

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by varanisblack, Feb 9, 2013.

1. varanisblack

varanisblack Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2012
    Brooksville Florida
    OK Mary has an assortment of laying hens including, 2 Hampshire Reds, 1 Rhode Island Red, 1 Americanis, 1 Polish, 2 Turkens, 2 Brahmas and a sizzle, she has 1 Black Copper Marans roo, 2 Black Copper Marans hens she will be raising some up from, and 2 White Face Black Spanish roos with2 White Face Black Spanish hens who have a Black Sumatrin hen living with them.

We also have 6 Spanish chicks and 6 Blue Splash Marans chicks she is raising up.

Over the past 2 days she has had a haul of eggs and some we are not sure who's are who's but these are the infertile ones destened for the table. enjoy [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And today's added in the 2nd pic after candling the ones from the Spanish and Marans pens [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    How do you know that they are infertile if they have not been incubated? If they have been incubated, you are not going to eat them are you?

3. varanisblack

varanisblack Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2012
    Brooksville Florida
    The majority of them are the laying hens and there is no roo in with them and the rest have been candled to see if there is any development
    The Marans have just Thursday been introduced to their roo. we keep all the hens in the laying pen until we feel they are ready to breed.
    only once have we miss candled one of the dark eggs and got a blood spot, we learned to crack each individualy to prevent any misshaps [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by