An I the only one who 'pops'?

Malibu99

Crowing
7 Years
Apr 23, 2012
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Hi there :) just wondering... Who else pops? All of my joints pop. Constantly. Like, every few minutes, something pops. It happens when I move, and it doesn't normally hurt. I've been doing it since before I was born. Literally O-o so... Does anyone else pop?

I've known people like that. And I've heard all kinds of reasons for it, most probably wrong. I don't pop any more, back used to a lot, but you're not alone, I know others that do. I think it's related to overall condition.

My knees crack like snapping cordwood, able to penetrate the noise of a full class room. This has been going on since I was little. Docs say it is fine as long as it doesn't hurt. Well, as I age it does on occasion start to twinge a bit. If I keep up the yoga twice a week for a few months without skipping, it quiets down! Go figure.

Popping my hip or back when it's out of whack is a whole different thing, a bad thing, definitely related to my physical conditioning.

Yoga is a type of physical conditioning. Makes perfect sense. Joints pop when the connecting tendons are not holding them in tight. It's mostly harmless though still.

My joints always hurt for some reason. Not when it pops though o-O I also strain/twist things easier :/ Like I did something to my shoulder by skipping rocks o-o I used to do yoga :3 I liked it, but I still popped. When I sit, sometimes my knees shift out of place, so when I stand, they snap back into place and it hurts. I can pop every joint in my body, which is kinda creepy :p It's good to know I'm not completely wierd after all. Oh and I have a funny story.

So before I was born, my mom kept going to the doctor because I popped. He kept telling her that I wasn't until a few months later. Then, I began popping so loud that other people could hear me. Then the doctor was like 'o-o' but, they found nothing wrong, thankfully. So I've been popping for all my life, and then some. LOL They didn't ever find out why, but I've had x-rays and I look completely normal. :3

Last edited:
I used to work with a young woman who would 'pop' her neck on purpose. Sounded like she was dislocating her neck. Really creeped me out.

I have heard that joints can pop every 8 min or so due to gasses building up, not sure if this is true or not but I have been able to pop most of my joints since I was a teen. I have had doctors tell me I will have arthritis because of it and others that say if it pops on its own without assistance it will be OK.
I don't know what the cause is or even how to stop it since the joint starts to ache if I don't pop it now.
So I'm wondering if we get a bunch of us "poppers" together in one room and pop at the same time what it would sound like...
tongue.png

I have heard that joints can pop every 8 min or so due to gasses building up, not sure if this is true or not but I have been able to pop most of my joints since I was a teen. I have had doctors tell me I will have arthritis because of it and others that say if it pops on its own without assistance it will be OK.
I don't know what the cause is or even how to stop it since the joint starts to ache if I don't pop it now.
So I'm wondering if we get a bunch of us "poppers" together in one room and pop at the same time what it would sound like...
tongue.png
Oh my goodness. We must try this. LOL

Back
Top Bottom