I had an inspiration today when looking for something to make a nesting box. I came across this discarded cat litter container and Ureka! I first cut the bucket into two pieces making sure that the bottom section was large enough for the chicken that would be using it. In this case a bantam hen. I then made a cut down two corners so as to allow the bottom scection to be placed into the top section. I then ran a bead of hot glue around the bottom section of the container, collapsed its edges so it would fit into the top section and then pushed the two together making a shallower box. I then cut the seam between the two section lid leaving the smaller section that is designed to stay put. Here is the finished product installed. A little straw and Ms. banty pullet is happy. This is cheap and easy to clean. The bottom could be cut out also leaving a small ridge and then the lid end could be kept in tack and used as an egg door.