An idea!

silkieluver_07

Songster
11 Years
Jan 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
Nifty or any mods,

Is it possible to have a column like The Easy Garden where you can see how many members VIEWED your thread that you started? I know there is a column with replies, but not views.

If it cant be done, thats ok! Just an idea!

Thanks
Hannah

I know that having that 'column' takes up lots of space on forums and that's why it isn't usually used.

I do love having the ability to see how many have looked at a thread though. At least then you know if people have read it and just don't have an answer or if nobody even saw it.

Chirpy is spot on. Our CPU and Memory usage on our server (starting around 1/4/08) started to go through the roof. We had already done 2 upgrades to the server and decided to keep costs down it would be a good idea to remove the view count (which is pretty database intensive).

Hopefully we'll be able to add it back on in the future. We'll keep you posted!

Quote:
Without getting too technical, yes, we "rent" a server in a collocation and as our usage grows (FYI, BYC is more CPU / Memory resource intensive than bandwidth and disk space) we upgrade our server as needed. The server is in a fully managed location with multiple redundant power supplies, fire suppression and daily backups.

As a footnote, chat is not hosted by us because chat is VERY resource intense, so we pay a monthly fee to a 3rd party to make that available to everyone.

Back
Top Bottom