An incredible story

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sumi, Sep 23, 2012.

1. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Found an article in our local Sunday paper this morning that was so incredible, I had to share. The story is written in Afrikaans, so I did a google search on it for you and found this account:

I Rock Being Sick!: Bravery Beyond Logic

It is heartwarming, terrible and amazing. What is really sad is that 4 of the men didn't survive. They deserved medals for their bravery. What amazing people!

2. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Nice story about those San men. I read a lot of the bad that goes on.Nice to read some good too.

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    How true it is that the good/kind/brave make up for the bad/evil that mankind may be.

4. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Stories like this does restore my faith in human kindness. It's is just, quite simply unbelievable! I mean, what would the average person do in that situation? Hopefully I'll never have my courage (which is non-existent when it comes to fires) tested like that, 'cause frankly, I don't think I could do what those men did [​IMG]

5. Gomes Bantams

Gomes Bantams Chillin' With My Peeps

wow. Just wow.

6. christineavatar

christineavatar Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    Bolinas, CA
    I think a majority of people would be willing to give their life when they feel that by doing so they leave the world better off. I think of soldiers, fire fighters, police officers, just people who give what they need to because it is right. What strikes me most about this story is that faced with certain death, they all decided to act together to save what they could - this woman. I certainly hope that if the need arises I could act as noblely.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by