An interesting observation

Sammimom

Songster
11 Years
Mar 29, 2009
Sammamish,WA
Today while watching an episode of "How it's Made" featuring commercial egg collection and processing, my 7-year-old son asked "how do the chickens get out to run around?" as he saw them in their tight quarters, floor to celing cages. Both sons were kind of horrified when mom and dad explained that the chickens never come out. I guess they thought all chickens lived where they could get out and scratch around a bit.

Maybe some day the public will be willing to pay extra to get more of the factory out of farming.

Quote:
OH!!!! I saw the same episode about a year ago and was impressed about the battery because the chickens were actually well cared for. Your son is very intuative.!!!!!!

our local store sells what they call 100% free range eggs...... 4 bucks a dozen. Then again, I dont buy eggs at the store so I havn't checked them out
smile.png

First,
welcome-byc.gif
I have an aunt up there, sadly I still don;t know how to pronounce it.
roll.png

The Dirty jobs episode where they're at an egg farm was equally bad, they're in elevated cages, where some poor guy in a tractor thingy* has to snowplow poop from under cages while getting pooed on....
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom