an off topic, less moderated 18+ section?

Discussion in 'Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by 1cock2hens, Nov 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just a thought. other forums have a section for adults that isnt moderated as heavily, usually its in the off topic section. I believe that having a place to express ourselves and have regular old conversation would be very beneficial. Not only would it help keep some of the banter out of various threads it would give those 18+ a place to be that was theres and we could debate real issues without fear of it getting out of hand and offending certain peoples sensibilities . For example religious talk is not supposed to be allowed according to the byc forum rules but you have many religious threads, they would all be at home in the less moderated section.. just a thought

2. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Making Coffee

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    But how would you keep the kids out? How do you police that? :confused:

Miss Lydia, Haydog03, Melky and 2 others like this.
  3. Melky

Melky Crowing

Jul 23, 2018
    Edgewood, KY
    My Coop
    If you can’t say it to everyone, can’t say it here. Probably shouldn’t be anyway. I don’t know a topic that I couldn’t express professionally keeping minors in mind.

4. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General

Perhaps a forum could be created that allowed those with an 18 and old birthdate to view.

5. a child cant sign up for an account a parent has to... if they lie in the sign up byc is not liable and can always ban people for lying about there age if found out later. other forums do it no problem

@Melky not supposed to talk about drinking, religion, politics.. keeping those things separate from them will make sure they arent being influenced by ideas that there parants might not want them exposed to. the list goes on

6. oldhenlikesdogs

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    I don't necessarily want a "rough neighborhood" area on BYC. It would be a bit weird, :confused: especially with the family friendly atmosphere I've come to enjoy. I've been on Facebook, that place is nuts.

7. @oldhenlikesdogs you dont have to go to the less moderated section if you dont want to and you wouldnt have to worry about having your sensibilities hurt by not going there

I think of it more as having a normal pool for the adults to wade in and not a kiddie pool everyone has to share

8. oldhenlikesdogs

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    I think you are already hurting my sensibilities. :)

9. lol well give me a less moded section to hide out in and you wont have to worry bout that :p

10. Melky

Melky Crowing

Jul 23, 2018
    Edgewood, KY
    My Coop
    Drinking has no place on a chicken forum. Religion belongs in your church discussions. Politics has no place here be sensitive to others and not a safe topic. I am an adult and I would like the site to be on topic and family friendly. No offense.

DuckLady, sourland, R2elk and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: