An old Farmer told me this about why I got so many roos this year.....

I wonder if this has anything to do with deer as well? Because we didn't see one single deer last year and this year they are all over the place. Curiouser and curioser. Things that make you go HMMMMM....

Oh another thing opposing this.........we are getting a puppy at the start of august...we wanted a boy, and are getting a girl.....b/c out of the litter of 4, they are ALL female.

...as far as rabbits and deer...those of you who are seeing increases, have you been seeing as many predators? I'm going to guess not.....that or you've been "controlling" the predators. Less predators means more babies survive, means more prey animals....

Last edited:
Actually, I have seen an increase in predators as well. Hawks, owls, coyotes, etc. But last year we didn't see Any deer at all in the fields. This year, several come out twice daily. I am sure it is just nature taking its course, but sometimes it makes you wonder. We have also seen a slight increase in rabbits.

Predators last year and/or the year before...not this year. There would have been a decrease in the past couple years to have seen an increase in the prey animals this year. Is there anything new and tasty (in the past couple years) on your property that may have drawn the deer/rabbits?....perhaps something somewhat nearby that may have discouraged them from another area?...perhaps some new construction or something somewhere they used to frequent?...

In the end, it's believe what you want. Make a choice and take your stand.

Good job to everyone here for doing that
wee.gif

Quote:
Then we have "Out of the mouths of babes", meaning you often get truth from little ones.

So basically, you're a dumb cluck between the ages of 10 and 65
wink.png

Quote:
Then we have "Out of the mouths of babes", meaning you often get truth from little ones.

wink.png

You hit the nail on the head.

But anyway my rabbit population had been down for 3 yrs now I cannot get rid of the garden eaters.

Quote:

wink.png

seems that way and who am I to disagree
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom