An open letter to my hens

Uzuri

Songster
10 Years
Mar 25, 2009
Dear ladies,

You are now 24 weeks and 4 days old. You are grown women now, and it's time you were instructed on the realities of life.

Everyone has a purpose in life. Some of us are meant to be providers, some are meant to care for and raise young ones, some are protectors. I have been your provider now since the day after you came into this world. I have fed you, housed you, worried over you, and talked you up with everyone I know.

It's time you started pulling your own weight. Miss Bossy shouldn't have to cover for all of you -- and currently she's churning out 1/3 of the total expected number of eggs per week I'd planned for! Lounging around, drinking, feasting, and er... romancing are all well and good for teenagers, but you are growing up and need to take some responsibility in this world.

So I'm putting you on notice. I expect to go out there and see eggs some time soon, not just egg. You may talk among yourselves and decide who's to be the next layer, but if I don't see plurals happening, let's just say that I may rethink my traditional Christmas dinner.

The hand that feeds you,
Uzuri

wink.png

Last edited:
I often have meetings at the picnic table with the girls. We talk about coop conditions, feed, egg production , and the never answered question. Who pooped on the bottom of my shoe?
smile.png

Quote:
See, the problem is, you've never put it in writing
wink.png
Gotta cover your bum when you're dealing with chickens.

Back
Top Bottom