An update and a question

Here's my butcher post, it should be sort of self explanatory. Top picture is skin removed, organs in place (that's the gizzard at top), second photo is most organs removed, testes visible - it was a roo.The kidneys are the red bits under the membrane, either side of the backkbone. Third pic is liver (gall removed - its the radioactive green sack you do NOT want to rupture), heart (trimmed), gizzard (split and cleaned).

Here's my butcher post, it should be sort of self explanatory. Top picture is skin removed, organs in place (that's the gizzard at top), second photo is most organs removed, testes visible - it was a roo.The kidneys are the red bits under the membrane, either side of the backkbone. Third pic is liver (gall removed - its the radioactive green sack you do NOT want to rupture), heart (trimmed), gizzard (split and cleaned).
Thanks! Is the heart the smallest thing in the first pic with the organs out?

That helps a bit, I don't know if it makes much difference, but all the ones I've done have been cockerels.
One of those photos shows the male organs, up near the vent. The girls don't have those but they do have the ovary, only one is active in chickens. You'll see the yolks around that ovary, some growing to a size that will eventually go into an egg, but a whole lot of tiny balls clustered in there. You could eat them if you wanted to but I usually feed them to the dogs.

Back
Top Bottom