An update and a question

I don't eat any of the giblets, but I always put the liver, the heart, the gizzard, and the testicles into my soup stock along with the feet, the neck, and the backs,
Before we had chickens we never ate any of the other parts, like livers and hearts and while we could now, the family isn't very keen; and to tell the truth I'm not sure I am either!
I guess it comes down to what one's grown up with.

I know…. I just can’t get past it. I’m really not the squeamish type. There are just some things I can’t get out of my head. Or into my head. Depending on how you look at it.

The dirt idea bugged me -- especially the toenails -- until I did it the first time and saw how everything comes off cleanly and leaves no grunge behind. :)

The dirt idea bugged me -- especially the toenails -- until I did it the first time and saw how everything comes off cleanly and leaves no grunge behind. :)
I processed my first cockerel yesterday. When the toenails slipped off it reminded me of the movie The Fly. I was grossed out but fascinated at the same time.

Something I was wondering, does anyone know if there's like a picture any where of all the organs with there names?
I'm struggling slightly to know what's what.
Like I think I mistook the gizzard for the heart!

Something I was wondering, does anyone know if there's like a picture any where of all the organs with there names?
I'm struggling slightly to know what's what.
Like I think I mistook the gizzard for the heart!

1658181611338.jpeg

I can't find a good butchering photo on Google. @U_Stormcrow, do you have any photos that you can use to point out what's what?

View attachment 3191307

I can't find a good butchering photo on Google. @U_Stormcrow, do you have any photos that you can use to point out what's what?
I haven't taken any, sorry. All my photos are either parts still in place, or ready to bag up - heart trimmed, gizzard split and cleaned, liver separated from the gall

Back
Top Bottom